• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Age Batman
5 5

123 posts in this topic

Yeah it was really cool for sure. The 66 batman was super cool to see.

For 608-713, I have 27 books to go.

I had picked up 655 and 656 last week for a pretty good deal so the rest are all fairly common books in the run.

on new 52, I now have 1-17, getting death of the family story arc last week.

On 3/6/2023 at 4:21 PM, The Commissioner said:

New issue being released this week! :headbang:

Batman vol. 3 #133

Description: 

Everyone goes insane eventually. And then they belong to the terrifying Red Mask! But Gotham City has a new savior. He strikes from the shadows, exhumes the dead, and is known only as...the Batman.

And in our backup story, Tim Drake's search for Batman continues as he and Superman, Jon Kent, team up to stop the terror of the Toyman!

Batman 133.jpg

Loving this cover! 

A Public Service Announcement if you're submitting the Batman 134 Lau Foil Edition for grading.  Thing is, there are TWO different Lau Foil Editions.  One is the Artgerm Collectibles Exclusive and the other is the 1:50 Retailer Incentive Edition.  I first noticed this when I saw graded copies of these slabs on eBay and yet both were (mis)labeled Lau Foil Edition.  So basically, Grading screwed the pooch.  I sent a note to submissions@cgccomics.com about this because I sent two copies of each in for grading and I wanted them labeled correctly.  Imaging sent me pics of my slabs that I submitted and PLEASE make note ...

The Artgerm Collecitbles Edition is labeled Lau Foil Edition A.  (see attached pic)

The 1:50 Retailer Edition is labeled Lau Foil Edition B.

The distinct difference between the two is that Edition A has a prominent Green cross on Punchline's right glove while the 1:50 Retailer Edition (Lau Foil Edition B) does not.  Also the back covers look vastly different between the two.  How the Grading Team missed this, I haven't a clue.

Thanks.

@CrystalM CS @CGC Mike

Batman Lau Foil Edition A.jpg

Edited by workingdog
Spelling

• Administrator
On 5/18/2023 at 1:52 PM, workingdog said:

The Artgerm Collecitbles Edition is labeled Lau Foil Edition A.  (see attached pic)

The 1:50 Retailer Edition is Labeled Lau Foil Edition B.

The distinct difference between the two is that Edition A has a prominent Green cross on Punchline's right glove while the 1:50 Retailer Edition (Lau Foil Edition B) does not.  Also the back covers look vastly different between the two.  How the Grading Team missed, I haven't a clue.

Thanks.

I'll pass this along to the grading team.

@CGC Mike

Can you please let someone in Grading and/or QC know that they're not paying attention to detail again.  Just saw this go up on eBay.  It's a pic of the Batman 135 Quesada Connecting Covers A & B.  However, the two different covers are both labeled "Quesada Variant Cover."  :facepalm:

image.thumb.png.2ca56c6bdf6a28b3bc2379779679740a.png

Here's a link to the eBay listing for reference:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235022800821

Thank you!

16 books to go for 608-713.

I've been toying with the idea of going post crisis to then, which would start at the year one story, just don't know if I feel like doing that or not. I am trying to get the big one out of the way, 423, but it's tough finding a raw copy I am okay with getting. 

New issue being released this week! :headbang:

Batman vol. 3 #136

Description: 

Failsafe and Red Mask have forever changed Batman, and Gotham isn't as welcoming as it once was. Can Batman remind them who he is? Can he remind...Catwoman?

The future of the Bat-books starts here, and everyone's world is about to explode!

Batman136.thumb.jpg.a3858dc1e2459339a40a127f422732f4.jpg

On 6/4/2023 at 3:38 PM, The Commissioner said:

New issue being released this week! :headbang:

Batman vol. 3 #136

Description: 

Failsafe and Red Mask have forever changed Batman, and Gotham isn't as welcoming as it once was. Can Batman remind them who he is? Can he remind...Catwoman?

The future of the Bat-books starts here, and everyone's world is about to explode!

Batman136.thumb.jpg.a3858dc1e2459339a40a127f422732f4.jpg

This was a good read and wasn't expecting much. I really liked the interaction between Batman and Selina in current time Gotham.

It is cool that they added the Legacy numbering to the cover and maybe when we hit issue #1000 they revert over to #1000.

On 6/6/2023 at 9:51 PM, captainzombie said:

This was a good read and wasn't expecting much. I really liked the interaction between Batman and Selina in current time Gotham.

It is cool that they added the Legacy numbering to the cover and maybe when we hit issue #1000 they revert over to #1000.

Really enjoyed this issue as well. It was good to have Bruce back in Gotham dealing with the aftermath of the last 2 story arcs.

I'm curious to see where this next arc goes.

I hadn’t been picking up much Batman lately but with the milestone of issue #135 (Legacy #900) I wanted to get something but couldn’t figure it out until I saw the BTC variants. I know they are a gimmick but I always thought the Batman symbol was so iconic and so I got the black foil and the gold foil variant through BTC and graded.  My idea was that they will be the “bookends” on the wal display for my other graded Batman slabs as they are in theory negative variant covers of each other.  Never did I assume my shock when I opened the box late last night to find “matching grades and labels”. The black foil variant had a matching 9.8 grade in black ink and the gold foil variant had a matching 9.9 grade in gold ink.  This is my first 9.9 ever in my collection. Still shocked and in disbelief but it also proves that a company like BTC will send you the higher grade if your book truly gets and not switch them out.  Top of the charts in customer service and class for BTC in my book. 

IMG_4396.jpeg

IMG_4399.jpeg