• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wally Wood. 50’s comic book art at its finest.
3 3

116 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2023 at 4:21 PM, OtherEric said:

To be fair, I don’t think any of the EC SF books are particularly rare.  But they’re definitely jumping in price recently, and you do need to move quickly when they show.  EC’s disappeared almost instantly at Emerald City Comic Con last week, for instance. 

I saw the writing on the wall a few years ago. I quickly paid up what I needed to finish off my new trends last year. Although a dealer today had quite a few pricey non horror and sci fi issues that went unsold. Buy them while you can…

On 3/12/2023 at 5:54 PM, Robot Man said:

I saw the writing on the wall a few years ago. I quickly paid up what I needed to finish off my new trends last year. Although a dealer today had quite a few pricey non horror and sci fi issues that went unsold. Buy them while you can…

I’m just happy I finished off Shock Suspenstories when I did. Some of Wood’s best work in there.

On 3/14/2023 at 12:02 AM, Telegan said:

That Weird Science #16 is one of my "eventually gotta haves".  Love the kids and that dog on the cover.

This cover is pretty iconic. It is the standard barer for ‘50’s sci fi, flying saucers and aliens. I believe it heavily influenced the early ‘60’s Mars Attacks card set. Just top of the heap in this genre to me.