• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What book has tanked the hardest?
2 2

99 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2023 at 1:51 PM, JollyComics said:

Invincible Man #1 is still solid (mine was sold in a long time).  I still have Sixth Gun #1 FCBD CGC 9.8 and #1 CGC 9.8.  Still hope for the second chance for the movie.  Bone #1 is still strong in sales despite the movie right was dropped 3 times (Nickelodeon, Warner and Netflix)!  Those Modern comic books are unpredictible. I am still trying to clean modern books out of my collection.

"invincible man?" or do you mean invincible like the animated? :shy: 

On 3/12/2023 at 2:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I saw last year a dealer had a run of slabbed McFarlane. I was trying to buy keys instead of runs, I'm a bit disheartened now after the hooplah of the signing. Con in June, but was silently hoping for the same dealer. One of those wait and see things, but we all know what that "meant" when our parents said it. Do or do not with a higher power there is no try!

A run of slabbed McFarlane what?

ASM?

Spiderman?

Marvel Tales?

Infinity Inc?

Spawn?

On 3/12/2023 at 4:50 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

A run of slabbed McFarlane what?

ASM?

Spiderman?

Marvel Tales?

Infinity Inc?

Spawn?

Ah my bad. ASM it was (thumbsu

On 3/12/2023 at 4:56 PM, JollyComics said:

My phone somehow auto corrected it.  Pardon my dope phone.

This is the one!   The "man" is NOW invisible.  :shy:

6530450_ScreenShot2023-03-12at4_55_03PM.png.d6f8767c23d6ff01700a788c73b96bc6.png

Indeed stumbled upon some issues myself, and speaking of runs it was one I decided to keep. I skipped on issues #1-20, and yet some keys were not obtained. Dollar bin stuff, few 8.5's slabs etc 

On 3/12/2023 at 5:00 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Decent reads, Kirby different playing field yet appreciated, can't please nor win them all.

Me too. Too many heroes in that series at once.  At the beginning, it was good but later in the series was somehow lost.  I love Inhumans but both Eternals and Inhumans suffered same fate for the movies.

Edited by JollyComics

On 3/12/2023 at 5:00 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Decent reads, Kirby different playing field yet appreciated, can't please nor win them all.

Snap I meant a few keys WERE OBTAINED, and I shouldn't slack some 9.8's from the dollar bin too. Very humbling but proud as THAT fest was a first for me lol

Idk how all y'all hustlers do it! Admiration 

On 3/11/2023 at 8:36 PM, Gaard said:

A while back, Subby was hot. Not so much anymore.

I kind of took that hit a little bit. Caught the train right before the last stop.

On 3/12/2023 at 10:09 PM, JollyComics said:

Me too. Too many heroes in that series at once.  At the beginning, it was good but later in the series was somehow lost.  I love Inhumans but both Eternals and Inhumans suffered same fate for the movies.

Quite a dark book to begin with, interesting concept. One of the first series I collected as a kid. I believe it was initially supposed to be outside of regular continuity, but Kirby was asked to join it in, which resulted in the quite poor Hulk storyline towards the end : a series which ran out of steam and inspiration.

Still very fond of it. Raw copies. Cheap ones.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I notice She-Hulk 1 and Rom 1 direct sales are down to pre-pandemic levels. The newsstand version are getting very close to those levels as well. 

Sadly excellent books (content speaking) like the entire Gaiman Sandman run are now sinking with no end in sight.

As for myself I've taken the opportunity to pick up a bunch of Bronze and Copper books at what are now in the 2018 or 2019 price range.  I don't sell comics just some books I wanted.

Edited by MAR1979

On 3/12/2023 at 7:44 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Quite a dark book to begin with, interesting concept. One of the first series I collected as a kid. I believe it was initially supposed to be outside of regular continuity, but Kirby was asked to join it in, which resulted in the quite poor Hulk storyline towards the end : a series which ran out of steam and inspiration.

Still very fond of it. Raw copies. Cheap ones.

I recalled why I was lost between December 1976 and January 1977 that time I was only 12 years old.  After reading first 5 issues of Eternals, I lost myself in translation (more likely being confused) when I started to read both Eternals #6 and 2001: A Space Odyssey #1 in same month.  I felt like I was in a parallel dimension before quitting to read after 2001: A Space Odyssey #7 (I missed Machine Man in next issue) and Eternals #12 before both were cancelled.

On 3/12/2023 at 9:22 PM, MAR1979 said:

I notice She-Hulk 1 and Rom 1 direct sales are down to pre-pandemic levels. The newsstand version are getting very close to those levels as well. 

Sadly excellent books (content speaking) like the entire Sandman run are now sinking with no end in sight.

As for myself I've taken the opportunity to pick up some Bronze and Copper books at what are now in the 2018 or 2019 price range.  I don't sell comics just some book I wanted.

Early Sandman (Kirby time) or Modern Sandman? 

On 3/12/2023 at 5:12 AM, Ryan. said:

I had a low grade Fantastic Four 49 that I couldn't move until yesterday after deeeeeeeply discounting.

FF 49 has been on a steady descent. Still good demand for this key but there are a ton of copies available.

Picked up and read a few sandman, delightful writing, and yet the paper was older than or able to get damaged quickly. Only found a few that were well enough off to pick up :) 

Anything Riri Williams related has tanked recently. Thankfully I was able to buy all of her early appearances on the cheap when it first came out and then sold everything during the peak not too long ago. I remember buying the "women of power" variant for $25 and my 9.8 sold for $650!