• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What book has tanked the hardest?
2 2

99 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2023 at 8:09 AM, iggykoopa said:

Anything Riri Williams related has tanked recently. Thankfully I was able to buy all of her early appearances on the cheap when it first came out and then sold everything during the peak not too long ago. I remember buying the "women of power" variant for $25 and my 9.8 sold for $650!

That one I noticed as well; although, it isn't over I wouldn't think. I'm still hoping nostalgia hits later. I bought #7 9.8 and #9 9.4 for $225, but I don't see it in the short term rise. Amazing the past type of "inflation" over those specific issues and years.

On 3/12/2023 at 5:56 PM, JollyComics said:

My phone somehow auto corrected it.  Pardon my dope phone.

This is the one!   The "man" is NOW invisible.  :shy:

6530450_ScreenShot2023-03-12at4_55_03PM.png.d6f8767c23d6ff01700a788c73b96bc6.png

I'm sure it will be back up close to it's high mark once the next season comes out.  People have moved on but they will be back.

On 3/13/2023 at 11:25 AM, JollyComics said:

That's why many people hold back on all expensive books after paying high in 2021 and don't want to lose money if they will sell now.

I also have this superpower of cracking out at 9.4 Universal label and sending it in for press and clean only to have it come back with a 9.2 Qualified label. :jawdrop:

Edited by Jaylam

On 3/13/2023 at 7:36 PM, Jaylam said:

I also have this superpower of cracking out at 9.4 Universal label and sending it in for press and clean only to have it come back with a 9.2 Qualified label. :jawdrop:

so..., pressing raw 9.0s into GLOD 9.2s?

:headpat:

On 3/13/2023 at 10:36 PM, Jaylam said:

How did that happen?

What was caught now that was missed before?

On 3/14/2023 at 9:28 AM, WolverineX said:

Isn't that CGC's fault?  

it could be the era of what is in the locale, I know here in Dallas I find a lot of 7.5's :shy: 

I feel that I'm looking at most moderns, which I admit I got before it was "too late", were looking on the market at just a tad below what I purchased. Add the tax I had to pay on top of that and there you have my dilemma.

Indeed those are the breaks with a free market, and no bother, it will always be there, what someone is willing to pay. I had faith when I purchased, it's the best I can do if I'm honest.

I appreciate the stories making buzz, and the moderns were neglected by me for a long time, I'm satisfied with the one's I picked up and plenty out there in the BINS!!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

a bit more rambler but to be specific, your: Vengeance #1's, Venom #7 & #9's, a bit of Ms Marvel and etc :cheers: 

On 3/14/2023 at 9:40 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I feel that I'm looking at most moderns, which I admit I got before it was "too late", were saying just a tad below what I purchased. Add the tax I had to pay on top of that and there you have my dilemma.

Indeed those are the breaks with a free market, and no bother, it will always be there, what someone is willing to pay. I had faith when I purchased, it's the best I can do if I'm honest.

I appreciate the stories making buzz, and the moderns were neglected by me for a long time, I'm satisfied with the one's I picked up and plenty out there in the BINS!!

Not an individual issue, but I understand that Golden Age westerns have plummeted in value.  Kids who were fans back in the 50s are retiring, trying to sell off their collections, but there is little interest from subsequent fans who were raised on sci-Fi comics (shades of Woody being over shadowed by Buzz) and superhero comics.

On 3/15/2023 at 6:01 PM, Phicks said:

Not an individual issue, but I understand that Golden Age westerns have plummeted in value.  Kids who were fans back in the 50s are retiring, trying to sell off their collections, but there is little interest from subsequent fans who were raised on sci-Fi comics (shades of Woody being over shadowed by Buzz) and superhero comics.

Were western comics ever expensive by todays standards?  

On 3/15/2023 at 11:57 AM, Black_Adam said:

Did anyone mention Shazam #28 yet? Now that everyone has smelled what the Rock was cooking, the 1st bronze age appearance of Black Adam (in CGC 9.4) has tumbled from a high of $2150 in November 2021 to a lowly $281 in December 2022.

"Black Adam?!? You're dead!"

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F8%2F0%2F1%2F23801528%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Good time to buy....right?:shy: