• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 5 M-SHE-U Failures
4 4

505 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2023 at 1:08 PM, sfcityduck said:

You came late to this part of the discussion and you need to read the posts.

poor creative choices (character logic, plot holes, objective measures) - Already addressed extensively above.  Go read my many posts, to much to paste here.

bloated budgets, higher ticket costs, lower ticket sales, delays, re-writes, re-shoots - Aside from no one in this part of conversation has provided specific examples of "bloated budgets", we've already addressed the grosses, economics, delays, etc.  Again, read above - too many to paste here. 

executive firings - That is addressed above on this very page and on prior pages! 

You are being too lazy for me to waste my time in finding you the answers.  They are all above. 

I've read every post, you haven't addressed any of these. If you did, you could quote yourself.

Accountability. Seek and you shall find.

On 4/13/2023 at 10:08 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Accountability is more important than your desire to feel right.

You and RSM can send that up the ladder.

Sorry, I don't speak this code. What is "RSM"?  Whose "accountability" are you talking about?  What ladder are you referring to?  

On 4/13/2023 at 10:10 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I've read every post, you haven't addressed any of these. If you did, you could quote yourself.

I just pointed out a post to you on the same page regarding Executives.

You aren't serious.  Go down your own rabbit hole and read the posts. You have no arguments in response to anything I've said. Total fail.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:11 PM, sfcityduck said:

You aren't serious.  Go down your own rabbit hole and read the posts. You have no arguments in response to anything I've said. Total fail.

No, you didn't. You claim it's there, but it isn't. You could quote it.

On 4/13/2023 at 9:06 AM, Dr. Love said:

The firing of Alonso, one of the most powerful women in Hollywood not least by virtue of her multiple protected statuses, is a leading indicator of an enormous shift within the system.  At the end of the day, the film industry, for now, is capitalist based.  For monetary returns to eclipse the predominant cultural hegemony which drives the output, those returns have to be shocking in the extreme.

And good talk!  :baiting:

On 4/13/2023 at 9:19 AM, sfcityduck said:

Executives get ousted.  It happens.  Harder now if you are a volatile personality as she was all edged to be.  Seems like she was not handling vfx well.  Good reason to let her go regardless of anything else. Has she sued?  

On 4/13/2023 at 10:10 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

On 4/13/2023 at 10:11 AM, sfcityduck said:

On 4/13/2023 at 10:11 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

No, you didn't. You claim it's there, but it isn't. You could quote it.

You just swung and missed.  So much for credibility.  You are spamming this thread and wasting everyone's time.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:21 PM, sfcityduck said:

You just swung and missed.  So much for credibility.  You are spamming this thread and wasting everyone's time.

"It happens" doesn't dismiss the fact that she was fired for not fulfilling her duties with budgets and VFX, among other things. Your dismissal is based on feelings, while her firing is based on the fact that she under-performed.

So, again, you didn't refute anything. If you did, I offer you a 2nd opportunity to prove something.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 4/13/2023 at 10:23 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

"It happens" doesn't dismiss the fact that she was fired for not fulfilling her duties with budgets and VFX, among other things. Your dismissal is based on feelings, while her firing is based on the fact that she under-performed.

So, again, you didn't refute anything. If you did, I offer you a 2nd opportunity to prove something.

Another swing and a miss.  What do you think I am dismissing based on feeling.  My position is she was fired for not fulfilling her duties with VFX and other managerial failures, not because of female centered movies.  From further up thread:

On 4/13/2023 at 7:18 AM, drotto said:

The upper management is being shuffled.  Budget are being re-evaluated.  Everything is being delayed for quality reasons.  These are not the moves of a company that is at the top if it's game, and putting out it's best product.  It is a company that sees they have problems and they are trying to correct.

On 4/13/2023 at 7:34 AM, sfcityduck said:

Yes.  They have a problem due to scarcity of access to vfx and they fired an abusive executive who wasn’t handling that problem well and reshuffled their schedule (a historically common occurrence) to help fix that problem.

Which has what to do with female centered movies?  Nothing.

You guys are getting desperate and are just flinging mud against the walls in the hope some sticks.

You have entirely missed the thread of this conversation. 

On 4/13/2023 at 1:27 PM, sfcityduck said:

Another swing and a miss.  What do you think I am dismissing based on feeling.  My position is she was fired for not fulfilling her duties with VFX and other managerial failures, not because of female centered movies.  From further up thread:

An activist who claims that the producers direct the films, directly conflicted with VFX studios, and you claim that your conjectured dismissal is evidence of what other than telling on yourself?

On 4/13/2023 at 1:21 PM, sfcityduck said:

When this is done, can you post one of those promotion videos for Disney World?

And please - with a huge grin as you hold up the free park tickets.

il_fullxfull.1102596865_gwt9_530x@2x.thumb.jpg.1058c7ad741e44e07c8cb27c2f22913d.jpg

:cheers:

Edited by Bosco685

On 4/13/2023 at 10:31 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

An activist who claims that the producers direct the films, directly conflicted with VFX studios, and you claim that your conjectured dismissal is evidence of what other than telling on yourself?

Again, I don't speak this code. 

My "conjecture" is the same as yours:  She has poor management skills ... at least according to press reports that state Disney has a vfx crisis (and she is in charge of vfx) and vfx employees think she is abusive.  I have no idea what you mean by "An activist" but I am positive she was not fired because she was a supporter of gay or women's rights.  She hasn't sued that I know of.  Again you are off-topic and have lost the thread.

Edited by sfcityduck

On 4/13/2023 at 10:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

When this is done, can you post one of those promotion video for Disney World?

And please - with a huge grin as you hold up the free park tickets.

il_fullxfull.1102596865_gwt9_530x@2x.thumb.jpg.1058c7ad741e44e07c8cb27c2f22913d.jpg

:cheers:

Who wants to go to Disney World?  Florida is a terrible state and Disneyland is much better.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:34 PM, sfcityduck said:

Again, I don't speak this code. 

My "conjecture" is the same as yours:  She has poor management skills ... at least according to press reports that state Disney has a vfx crisis (and she is in charge of vfx) and vfx employees think she is abusive.  I have no idea what you mean by "An activist" but I am positive she was not fired because she was a supporter of gay or women's rights.  She hasn't sued that I know of.

She's an activist who prioritized her activism in lieu of doing her job. Her activism directly influenced the so-called M-She-U. If you haven't been following along, this is what we've all been trying to tell you. You're just excusing it as 'business as usual', but it clearly ain't that, chief. The MCU is struggling not because of the medium but because of the fact that Disney's/Marvel's priorities are not straight.

Marvel is literally trying to right the ship, based precisely on the same information that we've been conveying.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 4/13/2023 at 1:27 PM, sfcityduck said:

Because they are over stressing the pipeline leading to poor results.  They are treating the VFX companies poorly, and many companies are refusing to work with Disney outright or charging them more. Disney has a habit of poorly conveying what they want, making the VFX job very hard, and they are constantly changing the scripts and doing reshoots leading to redoing and scrapping work.  Again, making it expensive, rushed and poor quality. The VFX people have stressed they hate working for Disney and hated Alonso.  It's convenient to leave out a significant piece of the story. This is all on record.

Is this directly related to female representation, no, but it is related to concentrating on message not story. Is it related to a poorly run group, that is disorganized, lacks direction, and throws away money, absolutely.

Edited by drotto

On 4/13/2023 at 10:37 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

She's an activist who prioritized her activism in lieu of doing her job. Her activism directly influenced the so-called M-She-U. If you haven't been following along, this is what we've all been trying to tell you. You're just excuse it as 'business as usual', but it clearly ain't that, chief. The MCU is struggling not because of the medium but because of the fact that Disney's/Marvel's priorities are not straight.

Marvel is literally trying to right the ship, based precisely on the same information that we've been conveying.

On 4/13/2023 at 10:37 AM, drotto said:

Because they are over stressing the pipeline leading to poor results.  They are treating the VFX companies poorly, and many companies are refusing to work with Disney outright or charging them more. Disney has a habit of poorly conveying what they want, making the VFX job very hard, and they are constantly changing the scripts and doing reshoots leading to redoing and scrapping work.  Again, making it expensive, rushed and poor quality. The VFX people have stressed they hate working for Disney and hated Alonso.  It's convenient to leave out a significant piece of the story. This is all on record.

Is this directly related to female representation, no.  Is it related to a poorly run group, that is disorganized, lacks direction, and is away money, absolutely.

You guys aren't on the same -script any more.  Capra meet drotto.  Drotto just took you to school. He is taking the same position now that I took up thread. She was a poor manager, Disney fired her for that reason, and this had nothing to do with female centered movies - which is what we are discussing.  The rest is just your feelings.