• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 5 M-SHE-U Failures
4 4

505 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2023 at 11:42 AM, sfcityduck said:

How long will it take you to quickly ascertain your standpoint on the answers to my questions about your conspiracy theory?

Well you've made your position clear.   Anything you disagree with = conspiracy theory.   Thats a great way to view the world.   Popularity obviously isn't a major concern of yours.

On 4/13/2023 at 6:48 PM, Microchip said:

Anything you disagree with = conspiracy theory.   

Wrong.  You literally just posted a conspiracy theory that there is a "top down agenda, mandated by certain interested parties via international lending requirements, or in the form of grants to universities coming with 'your' ideology."    

You are probably wise to refuse to answer my questions because I suspect this has nothing to do with the MCU but is pure politics.  But I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if you want to plainly state whatever it is you are insinuating and try to bring this back onto the question of whether the MCU has been destroyed by only having four of the top 10 grossing movies of 2022.

Edited by sfcityduck

On 4/14/2023 at 11:42 AM, sfcityduck said:

How long will it take you to quickly ascertain your standpoint on the answers to my questions about your conspiracy theory?

That diversity in all it's glorious forms, is trying to be inserted into the cultural mainstream like a fecal sandwich at a children's picnic.

You can drag around the issue all you like, but the majority have said no thank you to that particular sandwich.

Edited by Microchip

On 4/13/2023 at 7:17 PM, Microchip said:

That diversity in all it's glorious forms, is trying to be inserted into the cultural mainstream like a fecal sandwich at a children's picnic?

You can drag around the issue all you like, but the majority have said no thank you to that particular sandwich.

You've lost me again.  What do you mean by "diversity"?  The reality is we live in a diverse society. Less than 58% of our country identify as "white." More than 50% of our country are women. Over 25% of our country say they are not Christians. Over 1 in 20 Americans self-identify as LGBT. That is diversity. What do you mean by this sandwich thing?  Diversity is a fact, not an opinion.

Edited by sfcityduck

On 4/14/2023 at 12:26 PM, sfcityduck said:

Diversity is a fact, not an opinion.

What fact, M-she-U is a complete disaster, thanks to the diversity agenda imposed on it.

What do any of the things you've mentioned have anything to do with Marvel comic books, stories, and characters of the last 50 years? 

Edited by Microchip

On 4/13/2023 at 7:35 PM, Microchip said:

What fact, M-she-U is a complete disaster, thanks to the diversity agenda imposed on it?

What do any of the things you've mentioned have anything to do with Marvel comic books, stories, and characters of the last 50 years? 

Marvel, as Stan Lee said in the video I posted up thread has from its outset chosen the following: 

"Marvel has always been and always will be a reflection of the world right outside our window.  That world may change and evolve, but the one thing that will never change is the way we tell our stories of heroism. Those stories have room for everyone, regardless of their race, gender or color of their skin.  The only things we don’t have room for are hatred, intolerance and bigotry.”

So, Marvel has given us sermon's against racism in the early 60s from Sgt. Nick Fury (long before he was played by a black man - which I guess upsets you):

SgtFury0611.jpg

Starting in the 1960s, we also got minority heroes, some new (Black Panther) and others derivative of existing heroes (Black Goliath).  

We got strong minority characters (Robbie Robertson). 

And that only increased in the 1970s with more and more minority characters (Sun Fire, Storm, etc.).

Also more women superheroes, both derivative (Valkyrie, She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel) and new concepts.

And by the 1990s we were getting openly gay characters (Northstar but hinted at earlier).  

All, I presume, before whatever sandwich thing you are complaining about happened.

Why?  Because Marvel Comics reflect reality and diversity is reality. So Marvel gives us diverse characters.

Not an agenda, a reality. Not a sandwich, a mirror.

So are you saying that Marvel Comics is the sandwich?  Who gave them the international loans?

So you say Marvel was doing absolutely fine before the diversity agenda came along.  Agreed 100% :cheers:

No need to change a thing.   

But then, they did change things, didn't they.   

And now, no one wants to watch the diversity olympics.   No one wants to see Stan's stories turned into propaganda pieces.

You keep dragging your point around, and trying to bring Stan into your new point of view.   Stan was representing the majority for decades before your 'diversity agenda' was a thing.  

Go back to where ever you crawled out of, no one is interested in your ideology.

Edited by Microchip

On 4/13/2023 at 8:34 PM, Mystafo said:

I still don't see how the video in the first post is racist or anti gay. Just pointing out that shoehorning  diversity into movies just because it's the progressive thing to do at the time contributed to Eternals sucking is not racist or anti gay. That's something you've cooked up in your mind.

We can all watch the video, and form our own opinions.  A bit over 10 minutes in, it gets weird for several minutes. A lot of complaints about ethnicities, gender, orientation and not just for Eternals. Not complaints about storytelling.

On 4/13/2023 at 8:23 PM, Microchip said:

So you say Marvel was doing absolutely fine before the diversity agenda came along.  Agreed 100% :cheers:

No need to change a thing.   

But then, they did change things, didn't they.   

And now, no one wants to watch the diversity olympics.   No one wants to see Stan's stories turned into propaganda pieces.

You keep dragging your point around, and trying to bring Stan into your new point of view.   Stan was representing the majority for decades before your 'diversity agenda' was a thing.  

Go back to where ever you crawled out of, no one is interested in your new ideology.

Marvel is exactly what you are calling the "diversity agenda." Creating female, minority (ethnic and religious), and gay characters and telling stories about them.

You missed Stan's point. His point is you do change your stories to keep up with society. You want to freeze them in a past you liked. Stan was ok with all the diversity at Marvel. You're upset by it. 'nuff said.