• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 5 M-SHE-U Failures
4 4

505 posts in this topic

I'm not reading this tome of terrible takes but I'll go ahead and add mine:

You know what the agenda is with inclusivity and diversity?  MONEY.  It's not some hand wringing cabal - It's shrewd people who know that when viewers see people that look like themselves in media, they're more likely to participate in said media.  It's really that simple.  If you think it's more conspiratorial than that, you're near sighted.   

And I should add:  It's a good thing!  You know what people need WAYYYYY more of?  Exposure to things that are unfamiliar to them - even if those exposures can be corny.  

Edited by Beastfeast

On 4/13/2023 at 8:44 PM, sfcityduck said:

We can all watch the video, and form our own opinions.  A bit over 10 minutes in, it gets weird for several minutes. A lot of complaints about ethnicities, gender, orientation and not just for Eternals. Not complaints about storytelling.

That these garden variety complaint-of-the-day videos are even 10 minutes long is beyond the pale.

That people actually watch them is tragic.  

What a colossal waste of time. 

On 4/14/2023 at 1:43 PM, Beastfeast said:

If you are disturbed by "shoehorning diversity", you almost certainly have a goatee.  

Unless you ensure the next flight you take, has a 'diversity' inclusive pilot, I just can't take you seriously.

On 4/13/2023 at 9:29 PM, Microchip said:

Unless you ensure the next flight you take, has a 'diversity' inclusive pilot, I just can't take you seriously.

Comparing a position who has 75+ lives in their hands at any moment to someone who makes a movie is PEAK person who says M-She-U.  Got any more scorching takes or did that last one singe your goatee off?  

On 4/13/2023 at 9:28 PM, VintageComics said:

I think what he is trying to say is obvious.

If the writers are distracted with forcing in ideologies due to pressure from the corporation heads in order to shore up more viewers, those writers are going to be distracted from the art form and the story writing suffers by consequence. 

You might be a great singer, but if you're dancing around trying not to step on toes, your voice is going to suffer. You can't do two things at the same time as well as you can when you're focusing on one. That's just common sense. 

And that IS what has been happening. That's why Marvel won't portray any bad Chinese villains and why Mandarin was changed in the old Iron Man movie. 

They didn't want to alienate a large audience like China by offending them and having their movies shut out of a 1.3 Billion potential audience. 

And I also think @Microchip is correct in that people are speaking with their wallets.

I haven't seen the last 4 or 5 Marvel Movies. 

Why? Not because of the ideological pressure, but because the movies are genuinely terrible. And everyone I speak to feels the same way. They don't gush like we all did for the first 25 Marvel movies. 

BINGO!  They're making BAD movies.  That has nothing to do with diversity.  If you removed whatever it is that these others are finding so frustrating and just judged these things on their merits, they're not good.  

On 4/13/2023 at 9:39 PM, VintageComics said:

But that still doesn't change the fact that they ARE pushing diversity as an ideology. It's an open agenda of Disney's. 

It just so happens that the majority, as Microchip pointed out, don't care for it. 

They JUST. WANT. GOOD. STORIES.

The question is will it change. 

Obviously neither of us can truly quantify our positions but I'd say the majority are not watching Marvel movies because they're bad - not because of any rejection of diversity.  

Microchip is ranting against an ideology while wearing his on his sleeve.  It's peak Spider-Man pointing at Spider-Man.  

Edited by Beastfeast

On 4/14/2023 at 12:54 AM, Beastfeast said:

Obviously neither of us can truly quantify our positions but I'd say the majority are not watching Marvel movies because they're bad - not because of any rejection of diversity.  

Microchip is ranting against an ideology while wearing his on his sleeve.  It's peak Spider-Man pointing at Spider-Man.  

I think more are NOT going because of the agenda Vintage pointed out than you realize. Most, probably, because they know the stories suffer for it. To be blind to it, as sfcityduck seems to be, willfully or otherwise, is foolish. Box office decline is box office decline. Heads are already rolling because of it.  

On 4/13/2023 at 10:03 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

I think more are NOT going because of the agenda Vintage pointed out than you realize. Most, probably, because they know the stories suffer for it. To be blind to it, as sfcityduck seems to be, willfully or otherwise, is foolish. Box office decline is box office decline. Heads are already rolling because of it.  

That's a big maybe and maybe not.  There's definitely a LOUD group that is thoroughly against it - for whatever reason.  I'd wager just by changing demographics that the loud group is in the minority but again - It's completely unquantifiable and we're all operating on our own hunches.  

As a goof, here's some numbers for total gross box office over the last 20 years.  I'd say making any kind of proclamation from the last 4 years is a total fools errand.  

movies.JPG

Edited by Beastfeast

On 4/14/2023 at 3:14 PM, Beastfeast said:

I'd wager just by changing demographics that the loud group is in the minority but again - It's completely unquantifiable and we're all operating on our own hunches.  

Changing demographics... you need to explain how the population has changed State side, and internationally in the space of a few years.

There's no 'hunches' offered here at all.  It's diversity agenda offered up as the cause of the flops.   What part of the last 24 pages have you missed?

There's a number of video's included in this thread, where the host makes an entire income out of not providing 'hunches', he's say's for hours at length, it's the diversity agenda.   There's zero confusion about whats being said here, apart form you it seems.

On 4/13/2023 at 10:42 PM, Microchip said:

Changing demographics... you need to explain how the population has changed State side, and internationally in the space of a few years.

There's no 'hunches' offered here at all.  It's diversity agenda offered up as the cause of the flops.   What part of the last 24 pages have you missed?

There's a number of video's included in this thread, where the host makes an entire income out of not providing 'hunches', he's say's for hours at length, it's the diversity agenda.   There's zero confusion about whats being said here, apart form you it seems.

you say “females” when taking about women, don’t you? 

On 4/14/2023 at 4:11 PM, Beastfeast said:

you say “females” when taking about women, don’t you? 

Huh, what it coincidence.  

A friend just the other day was asking, what could be the worst that could happen when running into a Bud light drinker?  

Now I know .... now I know :whatev:

On 4/13/2023 at 11:25 PM, Microchip said:

Huh, what it coincidence.  

A friend just the other day was asking, what could be the worst that could happen when running into a Bud light drinker?  

Now I know .... now I know :whatev:

All kidding aside, get off the YouTube algorithm train you’re on and touch some grass. Seriously. The direction you’re headed is not going to end well for you or the people that love you.

I’m seriously rooting for you. Sorry you’re going through it.