• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 5 M-SHE-U Failures
4 4

505 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, Mr Sneeze said:

When I saw the Taika (I like him, Ragnarok and his other films) video talking about L&T, it seemed he had almost contempt for the material. That the studio was that unaware is telling. Why let someone who has no respect for the material direct it.

^^

Even when he did that video making fun of the CGI which then is a direct slap in the face to the VFX studios supporting him, it was really shocking to watch.

That was the warning sign before the movie came out he wasn't taking it serious. Not this time. And it came out right after the VFX studio articles talking about the horrible treatment by Marvel Studios. Leading to a number of videos calling out Taika.

Edited by Bosco685

On 3/18/2023 at 5:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

^^

Even when he did that video making fun of the CGI which then is a direct slap in the face to the VFX studios supporting him, it was really shocking to watch.

That was the warning sign before the movie came out he wasn't taking it serious. Not this time. And it came out right after the VFX studio articles talking about the horrible treatment by Marvel Studios. Leading to a number of videos calling out Taika.

Yet some person that makes the decisions thought it was a good idea and that person is the problem.

On 3/19/2023 at 1:35 AM, drotto said:

It's also unfortunate as a society we have lost sight that the goal is to elevate everyone.  We can achieve greater equaily, fairness and correct historic wrongs, without the need to destroy others in the process. It is not a zero sum game, where there must be winners and losers.  I hope that is the case, anyways. 

And unfortunately, a zero sum game is exactly how many who cry “M-SHE-U” see it, when it really isn’t. This all or nothing, us or them mentality has reared its ugly head through history, when those who are part of a status quo feel threatened by change.

Yes, Marvel Studios has said their plan was to make the MCU 50/50 guy/girl superheroes, and in elevating women heroes in Phase Four, that’s been obvious.  But has it been at the cost of tearing down its men heroes? I don’t think it has.

I don’t see this Phase Four man emasculation thing y’all are talking about. Neither Bucky nor Sam Wilson were torn down in FWS. Sam Wilson became Captain America for chrissakes. Clint Barton isn’t torn down in the Hawkeye show, either. In fact, Hawkeye is probably the best we’ve ever seen of Clint Barton. He was actually elevated in the show to the point that I’m a fan of the character now. I never cared two bits about Clint Barton before.

Loki has been a humorous villain/anti-hero ever since Hulk took him out by beating him like a rag doll in The Avengers. At least in Loki he gets a girlfriend and finally gets to express romantic love. How is that emasculation? Is getting a girlfriend or wife your idea of emasculation?

In She -Hulk, Bruce is just continuing the Smart Hulk character we were introduced to in Endgame. Except this time, we get to see him actually do some fighting. And we learn he got busy on Sakaar and had a son! How is that emasculation? And before you say he was relegated to a supporting character, I’ll remind you that this was She-Hulk’s show.

And the Thor of Love and Thunder is a progression of the character who went through devastating loss after loss from Dark World through Infinity War and who shut down physically and mentally in Endgame. Taika described it as Thor going through a mid-life crisis. Chris Hemsworth described it as Thor a bit out of his mind since Endgame. But the character was still a bada*s in L&T. He takes out an army of bird aliens. He takes down warriors of Olympus and Zeus himself. He takes down Gorr with Jane Foster’s help. Thor even powers up to Odin levels when he endows the Asgardian children with the power of Thor. And he also becomes more Odin-like when he adopts Gorr’s daughter, just as Odin adopted Loki. At the same time, we were actually shown the relationship of Thor and Jane rather than hearing about it. In L&T, we got to see a more complex superhero as we witnessed Thor in mid-life crisis transition from someone who acted like a college kid into an actual adult. Maybe that’s the problem. Maybe y’all would rather see Thor act like a college kid. Maybe James Cameron has something to say about that matter. 

Yes, Marvel did elevate its women heroes in Phase Four, but that doesn’t mean they tore down their men heroes, too. It is not a zero sum game as many are trying to label it as.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 3/20/2023 at 3:13 PM, drotto said:

Was just going to post this.  Thing are absolutely going on behind the scenes at the MCU. I think k she was the driving force behind much of this.

I think she may have just been the "public" face of it at Marvel Studios, I don't for a minute believe with her (1 person) leaving everything is magically ok (or even close).  No, I think she may have been set up as the "sacrificial lamb" to appease the masses.  

On 3/20/2023 at 2:55 PM, Bosco685 said:

A couple days ago I posted it was time for Feige to resign. This is close but not close enough. Feige has allowed the MCU to become a bizarre anti-MCU, anti-Marvel Comics satire that wears its self-contempt on its cape.    

Edited by TupennyConan
wears

On 3/20/2023 at 3:21 PM, media_junkie said:

I think she may have just been the "public" face of it at Marvel Studios, I don't for a minute believe with her (1 person) leaving everything is magically ok (or even close).  No, I think she may have been set up as the "sacrificial lamb" to appease the masses.  

Im hoping it was to send a message to the rest of the creatives.  Probably not a great idea to clean house as there’s too much experience there. Better to smarten them up? 

(shrug)

On 3/20/2023 at 3:59 PM, TupennyConan said:

That's absurd. Why do they think gay folk liked this tripe? Do they dislike gay folk that much?

To tie it back to that feels like smoke and mirrors. She had a heavy hand in other ways. But trying to make that the cause of her dismissal....