• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do I really need to use the shipping kits?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I just signed up today. I paid $150 to join the Premium membership. 

I would like to send in some comics to be graded. When I choose the kit for 1 -10 comics, I'm being prompted to pay $103US for the kit after I paid $150 for the membership?? 
Its about $16US for the kit and $88US for the shipping. I am only offered one option for shipping. 

I understand that I'm going to be charged again after my books are graded. 

Would my books be accepted if I submit them without using the kits? Or do I have no choice but use what they provide? 

On 3/15/2023 at 9:14 AM, Aerie said:

Would my books be accepted if I submit them without using the kits? Or do I have no choice but use what they provide? 

The only thing that CGC gives you that you must use is the invoice that you print and include with your order. Use your own bags, boards, box, packing materials, etc.

• Administrator
On 10/14/2023 at 11:54 AM, Big Scott said:

When will shipping kirs be available.  They are presently sold out

Hi

I am moving this thread to the Ask CGC section.  A customer service rep will assist you with this question.

Mike

• Administrator

Hello @Big Scott, when I spoke to the Fulfillment team, they advised that there were some supply chain issues and that we currently do not have an ETA of when we will be getting those ship kits back in. If you have an unused shipping code, please feel free to reach out to our service email and we can convert it into a $20.00 credit on your CGC account instead!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

What's the service 

On 10/16/2023 at 6:31 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @Big Scott, when I spoke to the Fulfillment team, they advised that there were some supply chain issues and that we currently do not have an ETA of when we will be getting those ship kits back in. If you have an unused shipping code, please feel free to reach out to our service email and we can convert it into a $20.00 credit on your CGC account instead!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

What's the service email?

I seem to have the same problem as others. I was supposed to get a shipping kit as part of my membership but they’ve been sold out for months. I emailed CGC to ask if I could apply the credit to something else and received no reply. What can be done and how? 

Edited by NCSpartan81