• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex didn't deliver package properly and contents are missing ..........
4 4

65 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2023 at 11:42 AM, Corallas said:

Yes this seems rather serious . I wonder if it is a Fedex policy to leave the item sometimes and just say it was signed for ,  but it seems so egregious when they are specifically paid to provide the service of getting a signature.

This policy started with all carriers during covid and they haven't stopped, at least here in Chicago. I haven't signed for a package with signature confirmation in a long time but have had them delivered with an apparent signature. Like others, I would be lucky if they even rang the bell. I also can't remember the last time I saw one of those notices that say there was a delivery attempt made. 

I have a CollectInsure policy which will cover shipping, and I believe they require a package to have signature confirmation to make a claim. Fortunately I haven't had to make a claim yet but wonder what happens in a case like this. 

On 3/19/2023 at 11:17 AM, BriD. said:

This policy started with all carriers during covid and they haven't stopped, at least here in Chicago. I haven't signed for a package with signature confirmation in a long time but have had them delivered with an apparent signature. Like others, I would be lucky if they even rang the bell. I also can't remember the last time I saw one of those notices that say there was a delivery attempt made. 

I have a CollectInsure policy which will cover shipping, and I believe they require a package to have signature confirmation to make a claim. Fortunately I haven't had to make a claim yet but wonder what happens in a case like this. 

FedEx has been pulling this since long before COVID.  And when it comes to COVID times, they’re still supposed to put eyes on the recipient before signing off on the delivery.  

On 3/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, nochips said:

FedEx lies.

My last CGC package was out for delivery and never showed up. I looked at the website again and it said be delivered the next day. On that next day it said out for delivery but never arrived. I checked the website and it said I was not home to sign and it would be attempted the next day. Not true and all, I was waiting for the truck, my window overlooks the street and they never came. i called them, here is more of their lies...They told me that was an error, delivery was not attempted and the package was not out for delivery. It was a coding error.

They have GPS and know where the driver was at the exact time the package was signed for. They need to provide you proof of that imaginary signature. I doubt they can do that.

The handheld scanners they use to scan the barcodes on the packages has gps data.  They can tell exactly where the driver was when he scanned a package.

On 3/19/2023 at 10:33 AM, JollyComics said:

Only one thing I wished is to allow me to change the delivery online.

It forces me to wait for the driver for few hours.  I am so tired of waiting and 4-5 previous hours were wasted away.

I preferred to change the delivery that will go directly to the local FedEx building. It's only a minute of driving. It's easy to pick it up at anytime before it will be closed at 7pm.

CGC forced me to sign at the exact location, no alternatives but I can hold it while I am on vacation.  That is the only option.  I don't like it every minute.

Do you have the number to your local FedEx facility?  If so call them, don't call the national number.  The national people will tell you this can't be done.  The local FedEx are more than happy to do it.  Call them and ask for the package to be taken off the truck and held at the facility.  Find out the pickup hours.  If it is like mine, they have a separate facility detached from the main building just to pick up. 

For the most of my orders I just use my local Walgreens for return address on my submissions.  That is only one mile away vs 30 for the FedEx facility.  But a few times the CGC mailroom doesn't see that I have put down the Walgreens and address the return to my house.

On 3/19/2023 at 1:59 PM, toro said:

Do you have the number to your local FedEx facility?  If so call them, don't call the national number.  The national people will tell you this can't be done.  The local FedEx are more than happy to do it.  Call them and ask for the package to be taken off the truck and held at the facility.  Find out the pickup hours.  If it is like mine, they have a separate facility detached from the main building just to pick up. 

For the most of my orders I just use my local Walgreens for return address on my submissions.  That is only one mile away vs 30 for the FedEx facility.  But a few times the CGC mailroom doesn't see that I have put down the Walgreens and address the return to my house.

I will try that one.  I bet CGC never feels comfortable to use Walgreen address. I wondered if CGC will not use FedEx address.

On 3/19/2023 at 3:05 PM, JollyComics said:

I will try that one.  I bet CGC never feels comfortable to use Walgreen address. I wondered if CGC will not use FedEx address.

The only time I had a problem with Walgreens site is when Fedex didn't call and say there was a package there ready for pickup. (they always do that)   CGC had done that submission so fast I wasn't expecting it to be done for another few weeks so I didn't see that it had shipped.  It sat at Walgreens and then FedEx removed it.  But forgot to scan it, so then it took them a week to find the package and send it back to the Walgreens. Now I make sure I check my submissions everyday.

It's pretty stupid that Amazon can email me a photo of my package sitting on my front porch after delivery drop offs, but Fed Ex is this maze of stupidity.

Why not as part of this process just take a photo of the person signing?

Edited by sledgehammer

On 3/19/2023 at 3:02 PM, toro said:

The only time I had a problem with Walgreens site is when Fedex didn't call and say there was a package there ready for pickup. (they always do that)   CGC had done that submission so fast I wasn't expecting it to be done for another few weeks so I didn't see that it had shipped.  It sat at Walgreens and then FedEx removed it.  But forgot to scan it, so then it took them a week to find the package and send it back to the Walgreens. Now I make sure I check my submissions everyday.

Copy that.

On 3/19/2023 at 2:59 PM, toro said:

I had a order after the one that was lost/stolen/misdelivered,  coming two days after the stolen package . I talked to the semi-local hub and 

they delivered it to a Fedex pickup facility acually very close to my apartment . It was no problem and I will be pre-emptively calling in the future . 

They were sympathetic about the package I had stolen but they did not end up giving me a straight answer about the

signature situation and 

were clear that they could not do anything and i needed to call either the shipper or the National Fedex number .

My first attempt at calling the national number only resulted in them saying the package was delivered in what looked like 

a automated email , despite the CSR saying someone would call me in 24 hours .

The next local person I talked to said I had just filed a dispute and needed to file a claim or talk with the shipper (CGC ) and have them file a claim .

The local people acually talk to you like a human as opposed to reading a -script but unfortunately they don't seem to have any power to 

do anything besides redirect packages to a pickup spot .

My local FedEx only cares that if it is a signed package and you can't change the delivery location you either have to sign for it at home or in my case Walgreens or the local FedEx location.  If it is supposed to come to my home I can't send it to the local beauty salon that also does FedEx, but their own facility is not a problem for me.

On 3/18/2023 at 8:35 PM, nochips said:

FedEx lies.

My last CGC package was out for delivery and never showed up. I looked at the website again and it said be delivered the next day. On that next day it said out for delivery but never arrived. I checked the website and it said I was not home to sign and it would be attempted the next day. Not true and all, I was waiting for the truck, my window overlooks the street and they never came. i called them, here is more of their lies...They told me that was an error, delivery was not attempted and the package was not out for delivery. It was a coding error.

They have GPS and know where the driver was at the exact time the package was signed for. They need to provide you proof of that imaginary signature. I doubt they can do that.

On a past order before the stolen package  they said they attempted a delivery . I was skeptical and the representative I talked with on the phone said 

the driver acually did not make an attempt . 

I think a lot of the employees realize that there are odd things going on and I am guessing they deal with issues like this all the time 

and inacurate reporting of  a"delivery attempt".

On 3/18/2023 at 7:42 PM, pemart1966 said:

You should also:

1. Post here a list of the books and their CGC numbers so that the Board can be on the lookout for them.

2.  If necessary, contact the major auction houses with the same information.  That might be dependent upon what books are involved.

3.  Visit all of the LCSs near you and provide them with same.

Went to the local LCS very soon after the package was missing , I should go back .

The two books - 

1-

Title
Incredible Hulk
Issue
Issue Date
2/88
Issue Year
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Grade
Page Quality
WHITE
Grade Date
03/06/2023
Grade Category
Modern
Art Comments
Peter David story
Todd McFarlane art
Todd McFarlane & Bob Wiacek cover
Key Comments
Hulk vs. Wolverine.
X-Men & Leader appearance.
Grader Notes
light spine stress lines to cover
very light staining to cover

2-
Title
Amazing Spider-Man
Issue
Issue Date
7/79
Issue Year
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Grade
Page Quality
WHITE
Grade Date
03/06/2023
Grade Category
Modern
Pedigree
Newsstand Edition
Art Comments
Marv Wolfman story
Keith Pollard & Frank Giacoia art
Al Milgrom cover
Key Comments
1st appearance of the Black Cat
(Felicia Hardy).
Text illo. of Black Cat by Dave Cockrum.
Grader Notes
very light creasing to cover

On 3/19/2023 at 9:21 PM, Corallas said:

Went to the local LCS very soon after the package was missing , I should go back .

The two books - 

1-

Title
Incredible Hulk
Issue
Issue Date
2/88
Issue Year
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Grade
Page Quality
WHITE
Grade Date
03/06/2023
Grade Category
Modern
Art Comments
Peter David story
Todd McFarlane art
Todd McFarlane & Bob Wiacek cover
Key Comments
Hulk vs. Wolverine.
X-Men & Leader appearance.
Grader Notes
very light staining to cover

2-
Title
Amazing Spider-Man
Issue
Issue Date
7/79
Issue Year
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Grade
Page Quality
WHITE
Grade Date
03/06/2023
Grade Category
Modern
Pedigree
Newsstand Edition
Art Comments
Marv Wolfman story
Keith Pollard & Frank Giacoia art
Al Milgrom cover
Key Comments
1st appearance of the Black Cat
(Felicia Hardy).
Text illo. of Black Cat by Dave Cockrum.
Grader Notes
very light creasing to cover

You found 2 of your books at your LCS?

On 3/20/2023 at 1:41 PM, Corallas said:

No did not find books at the local comic shop.

I stopped by the local comic book shop early in the process and no one had tried to sell them the books .

I just posted the books that I am missing .

Getting this information out to every LCS and every online related site like here and Facebook will make it much harder for this crook to sell it and increase the chances of recovery.  Sure hope you do get these back.

On 3/19/2023 at 12:17 PM, BriD. said:

Drivers signing for the package themselves and leaving it... well, "anywhere" was happening long before Covid.

On 3/19/2023 at 3:05 PM, JollyComics said:

I wondered if CGC will not use FedEx address.

I get all mine delivered to local FedEx Print Officemarked (my name) & "Hold For Pickup", have never had an issue in all the years I've used it since CGC eliminated the change delivery option unless CGC has mislabeled the package(that has has happened once or twice) but even then packages were eventually delivered.