• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex didn't deliver package properly and contents are missing ..........
4 4

65 posts in this topic

Update : 

I am being reimbursed by CGC's insurance . 

Fedex denied the claim I believe that CGC submitted which is standard for them I think, despite them not 

fulfilling their contractual duties to get a signature.

The good news is CGC has told me that I will be reimbursed for the fmv of the books,

which I believe will be $660 which was a fair assessment of the value .

I believe CGC has their own private insurance which is covering the books.

So I am happy for this and the claims department was helpful .

I still am having an issue with another much more expensive order which I am trying to get 

insured before shipping which I will probably make another post about . 

Thanks to All who have replied .

I was supposed to receive an order from CGC with an insured Value of $800.

The box was found open , outside my building without the contents inside . (Graded comic books from CGC ) 

When I go to the Fedex website it says I signed for the package which I definitely did not . 

When I spoke with a local Fedex rep they started an investigation which I believe included talking to the driver.

I was then told the driver had someone in the office of my apartment complex sign for the package .

The office staff says this is not the case as they are not even there on Saturday .

Regardless I did not sign for the package in person and the package contents are  missing .

I tried to call the national Fedex number but they only determined by what I believe is an automated response that 

the package was delivered .

I again called a local Fedex office and was told to file a claim or contact the person who shipped it to have them file a claim . 

Any ideas as to how to proceed? 
I have put in one of the written requests explaining the situation to CGC yesterday but so far have not received a response .

It seems pretty clear that Fedex did not fulfill their duties and even said they did and then gave a different story and the second story 

does not appear to be true either . 

Thank You 

Edited by Corallas

I'm sorry to hear this. 

The changing story fedex is trying to feed you is bull.  Likely the Fedex driver signed for your package and then left it in the lobby.  The delivery companies are more concerned with delivering parcels as quickly as possible than delivering them safely.  It's more profitable to tell you to claim insurance and continue on their way.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:25 PM, thehumantorch said:

I'm sorry to hear this. 

The changing story fedex is trying to feed you is bull.  Likely the Fedex driver signed for your package and then left it in the lobby.  The delivery companies are more concerned with delivering parcels as quickly as possible than delivering them safely.  It's more profitable to tell you to claim insurance and continue on their way.

Yes my guess was the driver just left it and yes just left it in the lobby . We have thefts in my building frequently and this is precisely the service a shipper 

is paying for to prevent theft - a in person signature from the person who the item is being delivered to . 

On 3/17/2023 at 10:10 PM, aszumilo said:

I hate FedEx.  They have screwed up delivery on a few packages of mine.  1 of them was my Board Secret Santa gift a few years back, which was mis-deliverd.  They were absolutely not interested in helping locate the package.  They made half investigation and said the driver said I signed for it.  I was home all day. working in the garage and Fed Ex never even came down my street.  So F them.

Yes I understand mistakes to a degree but to outright lie about what happened , and to do so in regards to a signature . 

And to be on the phone with different people without being able to get definitive information and then more untruths or what appears to be .

The person at one of the local offices was pretty upfront saying it was cut and dried that Fedex was at fault . 

Unfortunately she has no power to do anything so I have to call the national number .

In the past the people at the national number were very bad at communicating and not the best at speaking the English language so 

this is very frustrating .

On 3/17/2023 at 6:35 PM, Corallas said:

I was supposed to receive an order from CGC with an insured Value of $800.

The box was found open , outside my building without the contents inside . (Graded comic books from CGC ) 

When I go to the Fedex website it says I signed for the package which I definitely did not . 

Link

"This is from customer service:

We ship their order to the return address they list on their form.  Everything is shipped signature required.  If the customer is not home to sign for it FedEx will attempt delivery 3 times.  After 3 times, it comes back to us.  We will reach out to the customer once it is received back in the office to verify the address and arrange another shipment.  They can provide an alternate address at that time, or they can provide the address of a FE pick up location.  

We do not allow any changes to shipping once the order has left the office.  Packages cannot be re-routed or adjusted at that point.  It is for the security of their items."

Rest easy......this is all done for the security of your items. 

Sorry to hear this i also hate Fed Ex for having man issues with them.I just wish people could just do the right thing but that is not happening in this world :cry:

On 3/18/2023 at 2:17 AM, revat said:

Document everything and every interaction and everything response 

Especially names and departments. I've always had better luck with CS screw ups when I've been able to tell them who I've spoken to in what department. Once they know you're paying attention, it seems that they try to resolve the issue a little quicker.

On 3/18/2023 at 2:33 AM, mattn792 said:

Consider contacting your local police department to inquire about filing a forgery complaint against the driver.  Quite likely it will be a felony offense in your state of residence.

Yes this seems rather serious . I wonder if it is a Fedex policy to leave the item sometimes and just say it was signed for ,  but it seems so egregious when they are specifically paid to provide the service of getting a signature.

Edited by Corallas

On 3/18/2023 at 3:17 AM, revat said:

I have not been too good with documentation of the departments I have talked to so far but do have pictures of the box outside the building , a text conversations with 

the person in my building who informed me my box was outside and empty , and possibly video from the apartment complex surveillance cameras but getting access 

to this may be dificult . 

On 3/18/2023 at 11:42 AM, Corallas said:

Yes this seems rather serious . I wonder if it is a Fedex policy to leave the item sometimes and just say it was signed for ,  but it seems so egregious when they are specifically paid to provide the service of getting a signature.

Our mailperson does this all the time when I have books delivered. Thankfully, we live on a street that has very little traffic.

On 3/18/2023 at 1:03 PM, Math Teacher said:

Our mailperson does this all the time when I have books delivered. Thankfully, we live on a street that has very little traffic.

I'd be curious to know if the same mailperson does the same for residents who live on heavily trafficked streets.

I wonder if it's dependent on the carrier...I've always gotten one of those little cards (that tell me I have a package that needs a sig).

I would suggest at this point to try and go to some sort of main FedEx office (we have a hub where I live, so I can drive up to the airport and actually talk to a real FedEx person). And I'm talking a place that handles FedEx business, not a shipping outlet or anything like that. I don't know where you live, or how far a place like that might be - but I do know that when I've had an unusual problem - the people there have been able to either help, or get me a real, direct phone number to someone who could. Face-to-face discussions seem to move along better than their stupid phone system and operators.

On 3/18/2023 at 1:17 AM, revat said:

Absolutely.  And keep asking to talk to the supervisor of the guy you're talking to.  Try to talk to someone who can make decisions rather than someone who is reading from a -script.