• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there anyone here that use to post on Hoss's COMIC CORRAL?
1 1

50 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 3/29/2023 at 6:07 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 3/29/2023 at 6:02 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Yeah, there was a section where you could play games and compete on a leaderboard against other members. 

Why can’t we have nice things? 

I am not sure what types if any games Invision supports.  Maybe @Get Marwood & I knows, as he is pretty well educated in their software.  If not, I suppose I could ask on the Invision forum, as I have finally been granted access to post there.

On 3/30/2023 at 8:27 AM, CGC Mike said:

I am not sure what types if any games Invision supports.  Maybe @Get Marwood & I knows, as he is pretty well educated in their software.  If not, I suppose I could ask on the Invision forum, as I have finally been granted access to post there.

:popcorn:

I posted a lot there in the last eighteen or so months of its existence by which time the activity level had dwindled to but a fraction of its peak years.. I liked it because it was a vintage comics forum without the constant focus on prices and "values". 

On 3/26/2023 at 11:26 AM, Toz said:

I also renember the feud between Hepcat & Stu.That was a hoot.

On 3/29/2023 at 5:35 PM, AmbassadorSlip said:

I don't remember the exact flame wars, what was this feud between "Hepcat & Stu" about? I don't remember either of those names that well, but then again it's been many years and My memory has been spent on other things. I do remember Charlton guy, and we always got along. 

Stu was just a harasser who was banned from this CGC forum some fifteen years ago (although he delights in constantly reregistering here under different aliases). He was the only posting member at Comics Corral who didn't welcome me when I introduced myself in a post summarizing my range of collecting activities. Then his first response to me was a snide remark about my necro posting. And he hated my frequent posting of pictures from my collection upon the premise that it was wasting bandwidth. (Either that or straightforward envy.) He would therefore periodically attack me like a mad dog and I'd then be forced to respond by dissecting his every remark.

:eyeroll:

On 3/29/2023 at 5:35 PM, AmbassadorSlip said:

On that note, is this the only comic forum now a days? Or is there another one?

Marvelmasterworks is another. I like Osgood Peabody's DC Time Capsules where posters discuss DC comics from fifty years ago each month. I was a very active participant in the Time Capsule threads from 1959-1970..

:)

Edited by Hepcat

On 4/3/2024 at 11:01 PM, Hepcat said:

Stu was just a harasser who was banned from this CGC forum some fifteen years ago (although he delights in constantly reregistering here under different aliases).. He was the only posting member at Comics Corral who didn't welcome me when I introduced himself. Then his first response to me was a snide remark about my necro posting. And he hated all the pictures of my comics and other collectibles that I posted upon the premise that it was wasting bandwidth. He would periodically attack me like a mad dog and I'd then be forced to respond by dissecting his every remark.

They used to have a system for rating accounts similar to the old star ratings on this forum.

Stu cried like a baby to the moderator when I kept giving his account over there a low rating. lol

On 3/20/2023 at 9:52 AM, shadroch said:

I played games there but Charleton Guy was a complete tool who kept me from posting much.  I did enjoy the games. I forget my id there, but as I said I rarely posted because of one moderator.

I never had any problems with Charlton Guy(Hoss) but I understand there was considerable acrimony between him and at least one other very active poster on this CGC board and that Charlton Guy was eventually banned here. Does anyone remember the whys or the wherefores?

???

Edited by Hepcat

I don't remember him being much of a presence on these boards, but we butted heads many times over there.  He suspended me there for something I said here, but I have no idea what it was about. I played more games there than I posted and studied the Whitman/DC section. Pretty much everything I know about those books I learned there.

• Administrator

On 4/4/2024 at 10:38 PM, Hepcat said:

I never had any problems with Charlton Guy(Hoss) but I understand there was considerable acrimony between him and at least one other very active poster on this CGC board and that Charlton Guy was eventually banned here. Does anyone remember the whys or the wherefores?

???

image.png

On 4/5/2024 at 9:02 PM, mr_highgrade said:

Whatever happened to Kevin, the old Arch? (shrug)

Last we heard, he was seen being dragged into Greggy's basement....followed by a long muffled scream......and then silence.

So, we figured he probably got a job with a different company and moved away.

Edited by Domo Arigato

I keep wondering whether Charlton Guy actually had a collection that lived up to his user name. That would be cool since I like collectors whose focus is outside the usual, e.g. horror, crime, Marvel superheroes. But he'd stopped posting actively by the time I joined Comics Corral so I never found out. Does anyone stay in touch with him? Is he still collecting?

???

Charlton Guy used to set up as a dealer at Buffalo shows back in 2010 or so. I think he was based out of Rochester?  Had an interesting first name, which I am forgetting.

On 4/6/2024 at 10:58 AM, BingBangBong said:
On 4/6/2024 at 10:54 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Charlton Guy used to set up as a dealer at Buffalo shows back in 2010 or so. I think he was based out of Rochester?  Had an interesting first name, which I am forgetting.

Soren.

That's it. 

On 4/6/2024 at 9:59 AM, BingBangBong said:

It wasn't those pics.... 

An outright lie. You continue to be an absolute creep on any board, Stu. You've never contributed diddly squat to any board. You've instead done your damndest to drive off posters. I've seen your behaviour. So crawl back into the sewer from which you periodically emerge.

:eyeroll:

Edited by Hepcat

On 3/30/2023 at 6:27 AM, CGC Mike said:

Watch out for the moderation on the Invision forum.  It's crazy.

On 4/6/2024 at 10:55 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

So, you found the pictures of the underage girls sexy?

He just hoped that any girls that were pictured were underage.

:insane:

While I have no objection to pictures of scantily clad women, this though is a comic forum.

:preach:

I don't need to project when it comes to your character, Stu. You make it very obvious. The reason you don't contribute to any board is because you have nothing to contribute. And the reason you try to bring everyone else down to your level is envy because you've never succeeded at anything in life yourself.

:tonofbricks: