• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certification number not found
2 2

14 posts in this topic

I think this is a bug on the CGC verification site.  There was a guy posting on Reddit that had a similar issue with a comic he was considering buying on eBay.  I just attempted looking up about 5 or 6 CGC books I've owned over the years and they all came up as "invalid".

On 4/3/2023 at 9:38 PM, T. Field said:

I just received a book from eBay and looked up the certification number but it says it can’t be found.  Do I have a forgery?  It looks legit but now I am worried.

Try again today. The CGC Census is updated on Tuesday mornings, and there's a chance the certification lookup is updating at the same time.  Books graded in the past two weeks might not be in the database yet.

Edited by valiantman

Census won't update until after the book as been delivered to the original submitter. If it's a fresh book before a Tuesday, it won't show up. Even then sometimes it takes a few weeks. I wouldn't worry too much.

@wytshus Thanks very much! I was getting the "not in database" message for an old label Supes slab I couldn't save into my registry last night. Circled back just now and it was populating there in my registry as an available comic; now saved and successfully added. Lookout @roulette44  Cheers.