• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rob Liefeld is out of his mind
4 4

157 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2023 at 5:00 AM, AceHazard said:

Got my grades. Pretty much what I expected so I’m happy. I really like how these turned out. Should be delivered on Monday. 

IMG_7327.png

IMG_7328.png

Is this an example of "imaging"? I did not know they added pics of our books now. Is this free?

On 10/3/2023 at 4:11 PM, eastbayrudy said:

Is this an example of "imaging"? I did not know they added pics of our books now. Is this free?

Yes it is! Just look up the cert verification under cgccomics.com

Under resources I believe.

It's only newly graded books, and there after, but is free.  :)

On 9/22/2023 at 5:00 AM, AceHazard said:

Got my grades. Pretty much what I expected so I’m happy. I really like how these turned out. Should be delivered on Monday. 

IMG_7327.png

IMG_7328.png

How are you seeing the image of the slab before you have the serial number?

On 10/7/2023 at 2:44 AM, Hot Nickels said:

On your submission page click on the line item number on the left. It’ll take you to the page for that slab. I had trouble getting it to work on my phone so you may need to be on a iPad or desktop. 

On 10/7/2023 at 7:43 AM, AceHazard said:
On 10/7/2023 at 2:44 AM, Hot Nickels said:

On your submission page click on the line item number on the left. It’ll take you to the page for that slab. I had trouble getting it to work on my phone so you may need to be on a iPad or desktop. 

To further Clarify, you HAVE THE SERIALNUMBER THE MOMENT CGC RECEIVES A BOOK :cheers:

It is the submission # + 001 or 002 or 003 if you have a 3 book submission, and so on up to the 25 book subs which would be= submission # + 025 as the last three numbers :cheers:

when it ships then you can see that the cert number is in the system, to see the scans that CGC now provides :) AND YOU CAN CLICK THE LINK AS MENTIONED OR:

You can manually type the numbers into the CGC Verification Tool under Resources on the home page of cgccomics.com 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/7/2023 at 9:47 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

To further Clarify, you HAVE THE SERIALNUMBER THE MOMENT CGC RECEIVES A BOOK :cheers:

It is the submission # + 001 or 002 or 003 if you have a 3 book submission, and so on up to the 25 book subs which would be= submission # + 025 as the last three numbers :cheers:

when it ships then you can see that the cert number is in the system, to see the scans that CGC now provides :) AND YOU CAN CLICK THE LINK AS MENTIONED OR:

You can manually type the numbers into the CGC Verification Tool under Resources on the home page of cgccomics.com 

Stands to further clarify that it won't show up in the verification tool as an actual working cert number until the submission is shipped, but if someone was having problems with links on a phone, the Verify Certification Tool under Resources on cgccomics.com would still work if you manually type in the Cert Number, which is the submission number plus the last three numbers to be added that is the corresponding book in the order ie 001 for the first book 002 for the second and so on. Added on to the end of the submission number. :)

On 10/7/2023 at 7:47 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Holy Shizzle, you’re a genius. Thank you

On 10/7/2023 at 1:55 PM, Hot Nickels said:

So I have a Mea Culpa

I am the OP of this thread. Throughout this thread I accused Liefeld of being a hack, and of ripping off the community this his $200 chiseling amongst many other pejoratives. However I have to admit to getting not only a book autographed in this signing but actually getting chiseled myself. In my defense I realized that I still had my $150 CGC credit available to me and I didn’t have any books that I wanted to grade. So I did it. I had a minty New Mutants 100 newsstand that I bought as a young boy and I thought would be ideal for a signing. Still I paid $50 out of pocket plus shipping plus Liefeld label. I am a hypocrite. I am ashamed. Here it is. I kinda love it…

BF7B29D3-7589-4B74-B427-CCDFE625C9E0.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this. I was curious if the chiseled sig was the actual sig or if he 'signs' it as well. Looks like it's both?

On 10/7/2023 at 12:03 PM, J Bill said:

Thanks for sharing this. I was curious if the chiseled sig was the actual sig or if he 'signs' it as well. Looks like it's both?

Yes both. And it took me a while to notice that he actually did sign it in addition to the chiseling 

On 10/7/2023 at 3:21 PM, Cman429 said:

Ngl the chisel looks pretty awesome. Not sure I like the double signing altho it’s perfectly on brand for Rob to autograph a book multiple times 

Not a fan of the double signing but definitely a fan of the chisel. I have seen his chisel only and it can look awesome on the right book. 

Personally him and Crain are offering different values for collectors which is needed to keep collecting going. Juat like cgc and their custom labels add potentially more desirability to a slabbed comic. I think its great and will likely continue to be a trend and attract consumers to comics, thus ensuring the market stays strong.

On 4/8/2023 at 9:46 PM, Kerdese said:

I have a short list of books that I want signed. This will check one more off. I'm switching a #98 CBCS 9.4 to a CGC SS. I think there's a slight chance it might be a 9.6, which would be a huge plus, but we'll see. :wishluck:

My book just shipped and it is coming back a 9.6! It looked like a 9.6 to me, so the gamble paid off. 

On 4/7/2023 at 2:29 AM, Hot Nickels said:

The pricing for his upcoming signing is insane. Chiseled Signature $210? GTFO. If people want to pay him that much to sign books good for him and good for them, my worry is that vastly more talented and more important artists will Jack up their prices after this. Liefeld is charging more for a sig than McFarlane, and his sketch is being offered for almost $200 more than Jim Lee, and Frankly I’d rather have a left handed Jim Lee sketch in crayon than anything Liefeld has ever created. I fear Lee’s sketch price is going to be a lot higher the next time he does a CGC event and I really want one  😢 

So Rob Liefeld the creator of Deadpool is charging $210 for his "chiseled signature" while Clayton Crain charges $235 for a "murder infinity signature".

Checks out.

On 10/13/2023 at 11:44 AM, Jimmy Linguini said:

So Rob Liefeld the creator of Deadpool is charging $210 for his "chiseled signature" while Clayton Crain charges $235 for a "murder infinity signature".

Checks out.

Rob is worth it in my opinion. He created the characters and is an icon from that Marvel Era, also was one of the original founding members of Image. Clayton Crain on the other hand is smoking something thinking I would ever pay his cost for his lame sigs lol