• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gerber's Photo Journal Guide to Comic Books Vol. 1,2
3 3

154 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2023 at 7:42 PM, valiantman said:

I hope nobody works too hard on this. My website will do the numbers for you:

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/4/6mo

Oh wow, I didn't know the guy who created that was on here.  It's helped me immensely in the past.  Thanks!  I remember talking with a friend asking why something like that doesn't exist and he said "it kinda does" and gave me the link.  It's been a very useful site.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:42 PM, WolverineX said:

Is there a way to tell which printing you have or is there only one printing of this book?

There was only one printing of both the leather-bound and standard editions.

On 4/29/2023 at 5:42 PM, valiantman said:

I hope nobody works too hard on this. My website will do the numbers for you:

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/4/6mo

On 4/30/2023 at 5:12 PM, Telegan said:

Oh wow, I didn't know the guy who created that was on here.  It's helped me immensely in the past.  Thanks!  

Hey Greg;

No doubt and as Smokey Robinson would clearly say, I Second That Emotion.  :applause:

Just a question for you here, but with my rather limited computer skills, not sure why I have lost the horizontal scroll bar and have only the vertical scroll bar whenever I go into your website here.  This was never a problem for me a few months ago, but I can't seem to scroll to the right anymore to see the counts for any books in lower than CGC 6.5 condition.  :(

I asked somebody who's more tech savvy than me who try to fix this for me to no success and he indicated to me that it was possibly more an issue with the source website itself.  Any chance you could check into this for me and see if it's more an issue from my end here, as opposed to your end there.  hm  :wishluck:

On 5/4/2023 at 10:48 AM, lou_fine said:

Hey Greg;

No doubt and as Smokey Robinson would clearly say, I Second That Emotion.  :applause:

Just a question for you here, but with my rather limited computer skills, not sure why I have lost the horizontal scroll bar and have only the vertical scroll bar whenever I go into your website here.  This was never a problem for me a few months ago, but I can't seem to scroll to the right anymore to see the counts for any books in lower than CGC 6.5 condition.  :(

I asked somebody who's more tech savvy than me who try to fix this for me to no success and he indicated to me that it was possibly more an issue with the source website itself.  Any chance you could check into this for me and see if it's more an issue from my end here, as opposed to your end there.  hm  :wishluck:

If your browser is open all the way you should be able to see the entire page width wise. The button in the way upper right controls that in the browsers I know about. If not try to use the zoom option in the browser when it's open completely and reduce the page size using the zoom option. In mine thats on the upper left. If none of these things work consult an expert. 

On 5/4/2023 at 7:30 PM, Professor K said:

If your browser is open all the way you should be able to see the entire page width wise. The button in the way upper right controls that in the browsers I know about. If not try to use the zoom option in the browser when it's open completely and reduce the page size using the zoom option. In mine thats on the upper left. If none of these things work consult an expert. 

Well, that's exactly why I posted my question here since you guys are the experts, especially when compared to me.  :bigsmile:

Took you advice and it looks like the Zoom feature does indeed work, but I have to reduce the page size down to 67% in order to see the entire page width wise.  I still much prefer the horizontal scroll which I use to have since it's easier on the eyes, but as long as it works, it's good to go.  (thumbsu

On 5/5/2023 at 11:16 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, that's exactly why I posted my question here since you guys are the experts, especially when compared to me.  :bigsmile:

Took you advice and it looks like the Zoom feature does indeed work, but I have to reduce the page size down to 67% in order to see the entire page width wise.  I still much prefer the horizontal scroll which I use to have since it's easier on the eyes, but as long as it works, it's good to go.  (thumbsu

Hmm. It should be ok at 100%. There is no horizontal scroll on the page. Great work though. Such research.

On 4/15/2023 at 7:46 AM, Robot Man said:

Awww, the “Inner Sanctum” of Cherokee Books. Although people like me and @Tri-ColorBrian were regulated to the hallway of dollar PCH books, we were granted admittance to pay homage and money to Burt Blum. Was the first place I ever paid over cover price for a comic book. 

Dude, you must have been a bad boy. lol I was never denied the Inner Sanctum...Maybe because my grandmother was always with me, and Burt liked my grandmother. She didn't take any garbage from him.   :whatthe:

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

On 5/6/2023 at 5:34 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Dude, you must have been a bad boy. lol I was never denied the Inner Sanctum...Maybe because my grandmother was always with me, and Burt liked my grandmother. She didn't take any garbage from him.   :whatthe:

That must be the difference between being regulated and being relegated. hm

On 5/4/2023 at 9:48 AM, lou_fine said:

Hey Greg;

I tried making the site more accessible to mobile users a couple months ago, but there's just too much data to display it easily on tiny screens. I think I fixed your scrolling problem (by rolling back my changes). :wishluck:

On 5/16/2023 at 9:38 AM, valiantman said:
On 5/4/2023 at 7:48 AM, lou_fine said:

I tried making the site more accessible to mobile users a couple months ago, but there's just too much data to display it easily on tiny screens. I think I fixed your scrolling problem (by rolling back my changes). :wishluck:

Hey Greg;

Sorry for the late response as I've been away for a few weeks of nice relaxed crusing, but greatly appreicate you taking care of this issue while I was away. :applause:

While @Professor K's Zoom solution certainly did work, I didn't really care much for how small everything was and definitely hard on the eyes. :frown:

On 6/3/2023 at 11:50 PM, lou_fine said:

Hey Greg;

Sorry for the late response as I've been away for a few weeks of nice relaxed crusing, but greatly appreicate you taking care of this issue while I was away. :applause:

While @Professor K's Zoom solution certainly did work, I didn't really care much for how small everything was and definitely hard on the eyes. :frown:

Is it working how it was before? :wishluck: