• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Spring Edition (#6) Round 1
17 17

169 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2023 at 7:15 PM, universal soldier said:

Looks like a 5 for me. 1 bullseye and off by one grade on 3. Didn't see the soiling on the FF #94 and gave it a 8.5. Really wanted to go with a 4.5 on the Flash but just couldn't see it with the staining and paper lift on the back (shrug)

+1 yet my bullseye was the 9.6!

On 4/24/2023 at 7:41 PM, Point Five said:

Dayum. Next time I'll ask for the scburdet grader's notes!

I saw the bend corner on the FF, but I didn't take into account that it breaks color I guess lol

Graders Notes schmaders notes :baiting::goodvsevil::highfive:

On 4/24/2023 at 8:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Gave Tessie 7.5 the daredevil 9.4 and the FF a 8.5 other two were bulls. Wow four points, that's even better than normal, I'm shocked!

2-image-buttonwolvbub-1-productimagenowatermark.jpg

I'm shocked as well... squeaked out three bullseyes in this round! I've gone whole contests with less than that.  :takeit:

On 4/24/2023 at 7:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I saw the bend corner on the FF, but I didn't take into account that it breaks color I guess lol

Graders Notes schmaders notes :baiting::goodvsevil::highfive:

:signfunny: that was a joke @scburdet of course your notes were important incites, and I'm glad that my joke was a like rather than text misunderstood. Ah i think i just had a flashback to past grading contests where i was off mpby a mile lol

On 4/24/2023 at 7:44 PM, Point Five said:

I'm shocked as well... squeaked out three bullseyes in this round! I've gone whole contests with less than that.  :takeit:

Ya I was tongue and cheek, I'm still getting used to the new way of thinking, maybe it is rubbing me the right way.... err umm  I'm taking to it like a :Rocket: umm

ADAMANTIUM done better lol

On 4/24/2023 at 7:47 PM, scburdet said:

I took it as such. Riding high now so the crash & burn will be all the more glorious 

Amen you deserve kudos, cause that is good thinking. It's amazing how I didn't stress until the reveal  :tonofbricks:

Now I've either got to toe the line or keep it up hahaha. :pullhair:

On 4/24/2023 at 5:07 PM, SolidShredder said:

RIP me. I thought I saw staining on Tessie and I got paranoid and thought I was missing things so I kept lowering my grades lol . Listening to my gut from now on. 

Are you talking about the back top right?  I thought the scuff was a stain, so I gave it a 6.0.  Ouch!

On 4/24/2023 at 7:43 PM, Hot Nickels said:

oh wow, when does the summer contest sign ups start. I got hammered

Don't give up!  You have three more rounds.  @TC33 was 10 or 11 points behind the leader until the third round. He got five bullseyes. He won the contest in last round.  Never know!

1 bullseye and a total of 5 pts...not nearly as bad as I feared :cheers:

On 4/24/2023 at 8:07 PM, SolidShredder said:

RIP me. I thought I saw staining on Tessie and I got paranoid and thought I was missing things so I kept lowering my grades lol . Listening to my gut from now on. 

You saw the stain too!?!? It's on her leg! And it's not a Newton ring, it was on the raw scan. No mention of it in the notes either? That one baffles me. 

I was close on the others, but had Veronica lower because of the corner, but I guess CGC didn't. Oh well....