• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Spring Edition (#6) Round 1
17 17

169 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2023 at 8:42 PM, Point Five said:

That was the biggest wild card in the round for me. I looked at some other copies online... most copies were clean there, one copy had vaguely similar marks in that corner but not in the exact same spot. Rolled the dice that it was a printing glitch / no effect on grade and got lucky. In past contests this sort of thing has often tripped me up.

I think CGC's scanner is needed to clean up!

Ouch, I'm not good at this...

Flash Comics #12    3.0.  +3

Tessie the Typist #4   6.0   +4

Daredevil #7   7.5  +4

Fantastic Four #94  6.5  +2

Veronica #28   9.4  +1

14 points in round 1 is going to make for a tough road ahead. Also, I apparently severely undergrade, maybe I should re-evaluate some of the books in my own collection...

On 4/24/2023 at 9:07 PM, Kramerica said:

Y'know, Veronica looked nice but not THAT nice. Her behind had some issues might have warranted harsher deductions rantrant

Y'know, Veronica looks nice but THAT sexy look. Her behind had some fab curves might have given extra additional attentions so I gave her 9.6 - not book itself.  :yeehaw: Whoa! Wheesh!

On 4/24/2023 at 9:15 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Daredevil #7   7.5  +4

Veronica #28   9.4  +1

14 points in round 1 is going to make for a tough road ahead. Also, I apparently severely undergrade, maybe I should re-evaluate some of the books in my own collection...

Take it easy on Wisconsin beers.

On 4/24/2023 at 6:38 PM, scburdet said:

My Grader Notes. Just couldn't see the last one at 9.6, but I maintain you can't really be that accurate on very high grade books with photos.

image.thumb.png.d4f49ea49c9474090542bcf11fb76717.png

Agreed on those Daredevil chips.  Thought for sure those would push it below a 9.0.

On 4/25/2023 at 12:15 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Daredevil #7   7.5  +4

Veronica #28   9.4  +1

On the bright side, your next sales thread ought to be good! lol