• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Spring Edition (#6) Round 2
16 16

173 posts in this topic

3 Bullseyes on last three copies!!!

I knew two GA books are tough.  I put 6.5 on Jungle Comics #11 and 8.5 on Super Comics #44.  Gladly, I got only 3 points but I am very happy that I got 3 bullseyes for the first time.

How funny, I always thought that moderate foxing on the back cover of Super Comics.  I thought I would give it lower grade at 7.5 or 8.0 but the graders are soft on GA books so I gambled on 8.5.  It worked!

What are those white spots on the back cover?  It looked like the foxing but scuffs?

Edited by JollyComics

I was seeing a possible missing staple on the SS and rust on the bottom one :fear: and on the Jungle, I was going to put 5.5 (what I thought it was) but bumped it twice, lol..so I got 3 bulls eyes and had the worst round ever

I crapped the bed on Jungle with a 4.0. Three bullseyes and missed Cerebrus by 1 with an 8.5 so a 4 point round.

Edited by JohnH19

On 4/28/2023 at 7:42 PM, Tom789 said:

Got a bullseye on the first book of the first round.  But after that ....

stuckthelanding.gif.87d6f47d70cab546554e26696898ba95.gif

8 pts first round.  7 pts second round.

On 4/28/2023 at 7:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

51st round +9 =14 lol

Lol

From my first contest, I had 16 points after 2 rounds. I improved with 7 total points in last two rounds.