• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Spring Edition (#6) Round 2
16 16

173 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2023 at 3:32 PM, JollyComics said:

Some surprises will appear in those rounds.  We have seen them before as we are expecting.

With less than 24 hours before this round closes Mike has made no mention of multiple bullseyes or low scores for this round.  I think those surprises are imminent.

On 4/27/2023 at 11:55 PM, Cerebus3000 said:

With less than 24 hours before this round closes Mike has made no mention of multiple bullseyes or low scores for this round.  I think those surprises are imminent.

I wondered too.  Will I do well or end up with a disaster?  Two books may throw us off.

• Administrator
On 4/28/2023 at 12:55 AM, Cerebus3000 said:

Well, I do seem to remember someone submitting 4 bullseyes.  Meanwhile, I'm waiting on grades.  Maybe I should start a WTB post for grades.  Paying tree fiddy. 

Done, and I'm not happy with any of my grades at all. Grrr. 

On 4/28/2023 at 6:48 AM, CGC Mike said:

Well, I do seem to remember someone submitting 4 bullseyes.  Meanwhile, I'm waiting on grades.  Maybe I should start a WTB post for grades.  Paying tree fiddy. 

Woman, why'd you give the Lock Ness monster tree fiddy?

• Administrator

So, when I was going through this list, I noticed that some people's grades were not in the spreadsheet, when in fact they did submit them. (ugh)  If you receive a flag and have already submitted them, please bump our PM so I can re-add your grades to the spreadsheet.

@AbsoluteCarnage @Amazing Spidey @atticus.fetch @Axelrod @bighairjer @BlackOut21 @Cushing Fan @davidking623 @Doctor Dositheus @Dormian @Dr. Ogie Porterhouse @EastEnd1 @Electron @goldust40 @grendelbo @Hot Nickels  @Hudson @JollyComics @Kramerica @Krismusic @Math Teacher @mattn792 @old_dano @Panda2 @pastandpresentcomics @scburdet @skypinkblu @spidermanbeyond @SpideyFein @toro @trashcollector @universal soldier

On 4/28/2023 at 9:54 AM, mattn792 said:

I just saw that the scanner glare or whatever it was on the spine of the Daredevil book misled me into assigning a much lower grade and fried my hopes.

image.gif.f8168eec0c591d0b48d502da3e925850.gif

Hey Chicago buddy, don't be a quitter. You still have three rounds.

I look at it as even if i am out of the competition and had a bad round it definitely helps you with your grading process and to improve your skills. 

On 4/28/2023 at 12:11 PM, Krismusic said:

I look at it as even if i am out of the competition and had a bad round it definitely helps you with your grading process and to improve your skills. 

Sure. It just sucks bleep holes to be handed your hind quarters on a platter when you thought you had some idea of what you were doing. It's a real Homer Simpson moment.

"COMEUPPANCE!!" [shakes fist at sky]

• Administrator

On 4/28/2023 at 12:37 PM, Cat said:

I got the damn 4 leaf clover. He basically shot my beloved cat in front of me. :(

I did too, so don't cough too much hair in a ball, I rechecked and already figure the problems with mine lol Overkill ~ Metallica!