• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Spring Edition (#6) Round 3
14 14

188 posts in this topic

Welp, there goes my half-decent score...I feel confident about precisely zero of the five. It was nice while it lasted! (Though If I expand my expected range to +/- 5 grades in either direction for any given book, my confidence goes way up, so I'll go with that)

• Administrator
On 4/30/2023 at 9:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I did as well lol

I've seen Kramer first of "I'm out" I wonder how they think they'll get better if only a couple of rounds every 3 months, but lol at first I thought they were joking or just in disgust, which is normal. Hopefully they can see the benefit of immediate results! I too hung out in spare a grade forum, but it was hard to wait to see it posted if I was close by cgc results. I set certain times to offer a grade, but too, I also try to keep an eye on "grade in" posts in the forum. Where I can estimate a grade and see results lol I laugh at that too because I used to think it cheating myself by not helping the other boardie in the 1st place, but many helpful things on the boards!

I got out because it became painfully apparent that my grading parameters are widely disparate from CGC's , and I'm not changing so this exercise for me is a waste of time and posting grades anywhere is giving people bunk information. It is of no practical use and there is no way I'm winning any contest, rendering it an exercise in futility. So I got out. Call me Cosmo... 

On 5/1/2023 at 10:00 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

The first round, I got :shiftyeyes:

Here's the worst part - when Mike posted during that first round that there was at least one 5-for-5 bullseyes and a couple of 4-for-5's, I was 100% sure that I was in that club. I thought, "man, you nailed it! Don't forget to be humble when you get the results." Being humble was easy, since I got a score of 14...

Second round,I got :fourleafclover:

Ok, sweet! I dialed it in - I got a nice emoji confirmation from Mike that, while I had a terrible first round, I turned it around; I should be commended for sticking with it and making a major improvement. Uh, wrong. 10-point second round.

So now this round, I got hm

69533dd508399573d36d7a4ee42e885d.jpg.8c10a8d1b7c65c26b687e4cc04ea7121.jpg

:fourleafclover:   This is my ONLY educated guess....you may be a stroke of luck.  :wishluck:

On 5/2/2023 at 9:50 AM, cchunn3 said:

I got out because it became painfully apparent that my grading parameters are widely disparate from CGC's , and I'm not changing so this exercise for me is a waste of time and posting grades anywhere is giving people bunk information. It is of no practical use and there is no way I'm winning any contest, rendering it an exercise in futility. So I got out. Call me Cosmo... 

My comment wasn't specifically aimed at you. That's your choice though, so if your ok with it, no worries!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM