• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Announces Price and Policy Changes
9 9

155 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2023 at 7:09 PM, lou_fine said:

Although I would tend to agree with you here, I guess it should be pointed put that the grading and slabbing of comic books is still really more of a luxury or a discretionary expenditure, as opposed to an actual necessity.  hm

Compared that to a case lot of 12 cans of Campbell soup which used to cost only $5.99 a case when on sale a couple of short years ago, to what they now advertised for $16.99 for the exact same case of 12 tins of Campbell soup. :mad: :censored:

Now, that's definitely an egregious and price gouging increase, although I guess Campbell soup is also not a technical or even tasty necessity either. :sick:

Only if you like "soup" with your salt. The last can of Campbell soup I ate was in the 1980s, yes 1980s, and I still taste the salt from it. (:

On 4/23/2023 at 6:09 PM, lou_fine said:

Although I would tend to agree with you here, I guess it should be pointed put that the grading and slabbing of comic books is still really more of a luxury or a discretionary expenditure, as opposed to an actual necessity.  hm

Compared that to a case lot of 12 cans of Campbell soup which used to cost only $5.99 a case when on sale a couple of short years ago, to what they now advertised for $16.99 for the exact same case of 12 tins of Campbell soup. :mad: :censored:

Now, that's definitely an egregious and price gouging increase, although I guess Campbell soup is also not a technical or even tasty necessity either. :sick:

waiter there’s a hair in my soup

CGC there’s a hair in my slab

betting the later phrase is more common

re: price increase

I get it. Their profit margin has been going down ... most likely due to the massive amounts of MEs being submitted. So instead of investing in their lousy QC department (thereby vastly reducing the ME submissions), they just raise their prices instead. So, we still get a lousy QC (which has been lousy for YEARS) to go along with higher prices - and it's kind of obvious that they're going to drastically reduce what falls into the category of an ME (heck, they already started with this 14 day BS). Instead of just...wait for it...FIXING THE DANG PROBLEM, they keep the status quo but charge more for it.

The price increase would've been so much easier to swallow if it was to offset the cost of improving their QC department. But seriously, given these guys' track record, is anyone surprised by this, yet another, bad decision?

Is this the forum chat where everyone gets together and collectively complains about the same old thing? 

Is this the forum chat CGC was actively anticipating being started because they know the same old game where a collective minority of people will whine and moan about a price increase?

I just want to make sure I’m in the right place.

Judging by the dollar, 2 dollar, or 3 dollar increases, it looks like it. 

If you guys are complaining about these price increases, look around. There are far worse things happening around you.

But more likely, this is the forum chat where the same people that don’t submit books to CGC anymore, or never did… need a place in the world where they aren’t obviously irrelevant and outdated. 

Yep, this is the right place. 

And by the way, while all of you are complaining, I do suggest you take a moment to realize that with all of your smack talk about how poor CGC is…

People work there. This is peoples’ lives and livelihoods. 

Some people take pride working there, and are happy to be working somewhere they enjoy. 

For all the shotty work they do, they still provide a desired service in a hobby. 

With the, apparent, vocal personalities on here, I would love to see how well they would handle someone coming to their work and criticize them. 

Either not very well, or they would shut up and sit down, which is interesting based on how I see some of the attitudes on here. 

On 4/24/2023 at 12:54 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

waiter there’s a hair in my soup 

CGC there’s a hair in my slab

"Well, there are no prizes or anything."

Edited by jcjames

On 4/28/2023 at 8:40 AM, D2 said:

And by the way, while all of you are complaining, I do suggest you take a moment to realize that with all of your smack talk about how poor CGC is…

People work there. This is peoples’ lives and livelihoods. 

Some people take pride working there, and are happy to be working somewhere they enjoy. 

For all the shotty work they do, they still provide a desired service in a hobby. 

With the, apparent, vocal personalities on here, I would love to see how well they would handle someone coming to their work and criticize them. 

Either not very well, or they would shut up and sit down, which is interesting based on how I see some of the attitudes on here. 

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

• Administrator
On 4/28/2023 at 4:40 PM, mattn792 said:
On 4/28/2023 at 1:57 PM, D2 said:

Yeah, I ruffled feathers.

Good on you guys.

You fight in a vacuum where CGC can't say anything back about your constant complaining. 

King of the hills.

:golfclap:

Ever heard of @CGC Mike?

Has anyone heard of CGC Mike complaining about criticism of CGC on the forum?  

On 4/28/2023 at 6:36 AM, D2 said:

Is this the forum chat where everyone gets together and collectively complains about the same old thing? 

Is this the forum chat CGC was actively anticipating being started because they know the same old game where a collective minority of people will whine and moan about a price increase?

I just want to make sure I’m in the right place.

Judging by the dollar, 2 dollar, or 3 dollar increases, it looks like it. 

If you guys are complaining about these price increases, look around. There are far worse things happening around you.

But more likely, this is the forum chat where the same people that don’t submit books to CGC anymore, or never did… need a place in the world where they aren’t obviously irrelevant and outdated. 

Yep, this is the right place. 

I’ve yet to see a price increase in the past three years that is reflective of better quality, service or experience. CGC or otherwise - and I’ve seen a lot of price increases.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 4/28/2023 at 12:57 PM, D2 said:

Yeah, I ruffled feathers.

Good on you guys.

You fight in a vacuum where CGC can't say anything back about your constant complaining. 

King of the hills.

:golfclap:

What's worse than complaining into the void?

Stanning into the void for a giant multinational conglomerate. Congrats. Way to fight the good fight!

Edited by october