• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Tradd Moore Doc Strange drop
2 2

116 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2023 at 5:21 PM, SuperBird said:

Is this the most that new comic pages have ever sold for? (as in, freshly sold when the book was published)

Publicly. I can't imagine who else would command that much. I think some new Miller covers were offered for that much? A horrific Thing & Spidey.

From Felix's website : 

"Thank you to all who have helped us achieve this historic, record-setting day for modern comic art. Today, there is no creator more deserving than Tradd to hold this crown. DOCTOR STRANGE: FALL SUNRISE is an absolute masterwork from a singular comics talent. Only Tradd could have visualized this story. And only Tradd could have executed it. The comics medium has been redefined forever".

Probably laying it on thick there but is art style is kinda unique. Really liked his Silver Surfer art. Thot it was a perfect canvas for his flowy psychedelic style or whatchamacallit. Reminds me a bit of moebius. 

On 4/27/2023 at 5:21 PM, SuperBird said:

Is this the most that new comic pages have ever sold for? (as in, freshly sold when the book was published)

There have been a few books in a similar ballpark, but none with the demand I can think of to sell out like this at these prices. 

I tried, but I didn’t end up with any pages. 

On 4/28/2023 at 2:43 AM, NinjaSealed said:

There have been a few books in a similar ballpark, but none with the demand I can think of to sell out like this at these prices. 

I tried, but I didn’t end up with any pages. 

Wasn’t Capullo asking similar prices on his Batman work ? Not sure he sold as much though 

On 4/28/2023 at 2:38 AM, Ecclectica said:

Well, don't know what to really think about the prices... but I bought the MS and read it. It's a comic book, after all.

I'm sorry this has nothing to do with anything but it's just eating away at me, what does "MS" stand for here

On 4/28/2023 at 8:46 AM, JC25427N said:

I'm sorry this has nothing to do with anything but it's just eating away at me, what does "MS" stand for here

mini-series.

Correct me if I don't use the correct short word for an US audience (and sorry in that case).

Edited by Ecclectica