• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free Comic Book Day tomorrow May 6th what are you going for?

32 posts in this topic

Although, I don’t do much in the way of moderns, I do enjoy going to my local store and grabbing a few readers.

Fun to see the Freak Bros comic. I will probably grab the Archie Horror Library. Archie has changed so much that he no longer resembles himself but I will give it a try. The Stan Lee book and the Spider-Man/Venom are also on my list.

Anything else worth getting? 

I'll be out of town so I told my LCS to surprise me. They know my tastes so hopefully they'll give me some things I normally would think of.

On 5/5/2023 at 9:09 AM, Black_Adam said:

I will be picking up Spidey and his Amazing Friends for my (nearly) four-year-old daughter. She loves watching the cartoon, but not nearly as much as she loves listening to the adventures I whip up for her at bedtime, almost always involving Spidey (and Spin and Ghost Spider and even the Hulk) seeking out the heroic help of my daughter (and her own spider powers, of course!) in stopping the nefarious plots of Doc Ock and Green Goblin!

DEC220033 - FCBD 2023 SPIDEY & FRIENDS #1 - Free Comic Book Day

I’m taking my 3 grandaughters. This will probably be her first choice. 

Drawing attention to the quality of Archie Horror comics is a good move.  They’ve been great. 

A pity Afterlife was never finished.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 5/6/2023 at 7:37 AM, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Freak Bros! My car crapped out on the commute home yesterday and I quickly searched for a rental so as to not lose my FCBD plans. :insane:  #FCBDisnotfree

Hitting 4 stores - one store in the area is doing a food drive for extras and another usually gives out extras for cosplay. My LCS is not participating this year unfortunately. Fixing to be a grand day! With Dairy Queen. 

Yup. Gilbert Shelton, one of the great underground creators.

Forgot to mention.

No local comic shop, haven’t been into the city for almost a year now. There’s the problem. Several interesting books on the list, and a nice, wide selection.

I hate the crowds my LCS attracts so I usually wait until Mon or Tues and scoop up the leftovers. Thought I hit the jackpot a few years ago when they still had a stack of like 15 FCBD Spideys people thought would be a gem being the first appearance of Virus. Oh well, maybe I’ll get a dollar for them next garage sell…

Anyway hoping that a Life of Stan and Crimebuster are still there when I go. Those look most interesting to me