• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grading Contest Awards Based on Cumulative Performance Through Contest #6
4 4

46 posts in this topic

On 5/13/2023 at 2:03 PM, Superman2006 said:

There are different ways that one could slice and dice the grading contest results over the last 6 grading contests to come up with cumulative rankings. The approach I took was to come up was to rank all participants based on their average [contest] score.

Nice effort!  (thumbsu

Food for thought (for anyone reading this thread): Which performance is "better" -- an average score of 18 in Contests #3 and 4 (where the top scores were 18 and 17), or an average score of 16 in Contests #1, 2, 5, and 6 (where the top scores were 11, 15, 11, and 13).  hm  hm  (shrug)

On 5/13/2023 at 2:15 PM, Superman2006 said:

@Point Five @JollyComics @zzutak @Frederic9494 @MBFan @grendelbo @Morganmi @pastandpresentcomics @mytastebud @Yorick @JohnH19 @Warlord @batcollector @flashlites @PINWHEEL @Mars76 @silverseeker @JWKyle @CJ Design @thehumantorch @Axelrod @universal soldier @Hudson @Kramerica @davidtere @JustJimN @sledgehammer @Old Fashion PB and J @AJD @Mr. Zipper @KryptoMayor @stynxno @Cerebus3000 @scburdet @comicginger1789 @Hibou @toro @skypinkblu @Wipple @mysterymachine 

Special thanks to @CGC Mike for the great contests. Great job working with all the data too; I didn't have to make very many data tweaks in order to pull this all together (most tweaks were pretty minor like the occasional typo on boardie names in the results summaries, that I could easily identify and fix).

If anyone else not included in the top 50 rankings above would like their score, just post in this thread, and I'll reply in the thread with your score and contests completed (or PM me and I'll PM your score and contests completed to you).

So now do we start voting people from this list off the island? Will it be televised?

On 5/13/2023 at 6:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol at least you made "a list" haha I'll see myself out lol 

Hey, chin up! you're leaving less of a virtual footprint. When Skynet finally becomes self-aware you'll be harder to find. Then again you're made of adamantium so you're in good shape. Probably.

On 5/13/2023 at 8:31 PM, Kramerica said:

Hey, chin up! you're leaving less of a virtual footprint. When Skynet finally becomes self-aware you'll be harder to find. Then again you're made of adamantium so you're in good shape. Probably.

Secret grader man? They can rebuild me? I'll be back!!! Haha it's what I get for being average, but maybe theyv already found me!?! :ohnoez:

:jokealert::applause:

On 5/13/2023 at 6:18 PM, Point Five said:

So I'm #36 in zzutak's ranking system, but I'm #11 in yours?  hm

Man! This Superman2006 cat REALLY knows his stuff.  :applause:

In zzutak's ranking system you just got 3 points for an 8th to 12th finish, but you regularly finished close to the top 10, so under my ranking system you do much better than someone else that might have finished say 6th in one contest and collected 5 points, but finished much lower in the other contests. You are on the cusp of joining the illustrious Diamond Club ranking. lol

On 5/13/2023 at 8:05 PM, zzutak said:
On 5/13/2023 at 4:03 PM, Superman2006 said:

There are different ways that one could slice and dice the grading contest results over the last 6 grading contests to come up with cumulative rankings. The approach I took was to come up was to rank all participants based on their average [contest] score.

Nice effort!  (thumbsu

Food for thought (for anyone reading this thread): Which performance is "better" -- an average score of 18 in Contests #3 and 4 (where the top scores were 18 and 17), or an average score of 16 in Contests #1, 2, 5, and 6 (where the top scores were 11, 15, 11, and 13).  hm  hm  (shrug)

Thanks, zzutak. :smile:

In my opinion the answer to your question is somewhat subjective, as there are many factors in play. Here is how I would view it:

Following are the overall average scores per round for contests 1 through 6:

34, 31, 30, 32, 29, 29

I believe Mike advertised contest 1 outside of the boards if I recall correctly, so it isn't too surprising that the average score for contest 1 was a bit higher than the average for contests 2 through 6. The average scores for contests 2 through 6 are all 30 +/- 2, which to me indicates that any given contest isn't really that much "easier" or "harder" than another contest. As such, I would argue that the lower average score in any given contest is the "better" performance (although if we're talking scores of 16 and 18, the performance is nearly the same). 2c