• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

****The Collector's Summit****Dallas, Texas November 4-5, 2023
5 5

86 posts in this topic

Looks like the best show of the year for mind blowing books. Obviously the best of the best. Chances are if you were looking for something rare it would be there. How was the pricing though? Were there a lot of books actually sold? I spoke to 2 local guys yesterday that had just flown back on Sat night. Apparently, there was a lot of trading that went down. They didn’t buy anything but made a couple of trades. 

Probably not a lot of this going on there…:roflmao:

IMG_7711.jpeg

On 11/6/2023 at 9:58 AM, Robot Man said:

Looks like the best show of the year for mind blowing books. Obviously the best of the best. Chances are if you were looking for something rare it would be there. How was the pricing though? Were there a lot of books actually sold? I spoke to 2 local guys yesterday that had just flown back on Sat night. Apparently, there was a lot of trading that went down. They didn’t buy anything but made a couple of trades. 

Probably not a lot of this going on there…:roflmao:

IMG_7711.jpeg

I can’t speak to the stuff on the walls or in cases, but there were definitely books in boxes that I would have been interested in at the asking prices. And many of the books I saw on the tables being used by collectors were reasonable or reasonable-adjacent. 

On 11/6/2023 at 8:40 AM, mysterio said:

I can’t speak to the stuff on the walls or in cases, but there were definitely books in boxes that I would have been interested in at the asking prices. And many of the books I saw on the tables being used by collectors were reasonable or reasonable-adjacent. 

That is always the case. I always look at the walls to see the kind of material the seller has. Then I hit the GA boxes (all genres) to look for pricing mistakes or books over looked by those too lazy to look. That is where the bargains are.

I guarantee I would have found some deals. But, would it be worth a plane ticket and hotel room? Probably not. I would mostly have to look at it as a vacation and excuse to socialize with a lot of folks I rarely see. But, not being a dealer, I couldn’t write off the trip.

Would have been fun though…

On 11/6/2023 at 10:49 AM, Robot Man said:

That is always the case. I always look at the walls to see the kind of material the seller has. Then I hit the GA boxes (all genres) to look for pricing mistakes or books over looked by those too lazy to look. That is where the bargains are.

I guarantee I would have found some deals. But, would it be worth a plane ticket and hotel room? Probably not. I would mostly have to look at it as a vacation and excuse to socialize with a lot of folks I rarely see. But, not being a dealer, I couldn’t write off the trip.

Would have been fun though…

If you were going to travel to a show this one would have been an excellent choice. You would be unlikely to find the sheer density of quality at too many shows, and certainly not at the cost/convenience of flying into DFW and staying at a nearby hotel.

On 11/6/2023 at 1:57 PM, MrBedrock said:

I didn't sell any of my wall books.

I see at least two I could maybe try to work something out on.  You know, just so that you felt better about selling something.