• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #361!! Australian Edition GRADE IS IN! THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO TOOK THE TIME. It is appreciated :)
1 1

20 posts in this topic

sits nice an flat, but some charcoal pencil, in upper left price box? the invisible line down the book is the scanner, done that for a long time idk why, you can see it in the "S" of spider-man and in the black of the red "at last". idk but is not on the book :) Thanks for helping!! ^^ 

asm 361 ausie front.jpg

asm 361 ausie back.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

image.thumb.png.a7fd8b8ff51612e958ba29743116555d.png

lol Just not a lot of sales! I sent this off to be signed by Bagley, and it hasn't happened yet, although the deadline was the July 21st. hm 

Hoping or it has been suggested to be at the end of August, then with press 8 weeks out :) threading the needle will be to just not worry lol 

Anyway, bumping this thread to see if with fresh eyes everyone is still of the same opinion or new opinions from anyone? 

On 5/27/2023 at 9:18 PM, Nilo2 said:

9.2 due to minor spine stress but also what appears to be faint writing (possibly a “10”) in the upper left corner of the cover, just above the Marvel Comics masthead.

That looks like one of the handwritten 'N' numbers often seen on APVs. Regrettably, it looks like it's been rubbed out which may impact the grade.

Screenshot_20230817-214525_Chrome.jpg.7abb145ffaf7923d744dee60381d9cc4.jpg

On 8/17/2023 at 3:44 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

That looks like one of the handwritten 'N' numbers often seen on APVs. Regrettably, it looks like it's been rubbed out which may impact the grade.

Idk about the "n" apparently... would it have impacted if not erased? No worries on it, was just curious to learn.  :)

On 8/17/2023 at 4:12 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.6ae7bff5cffd8913d2670da29ec0b944.PNG

Awesome! The person who I got it from mentioned that but didn't go into detail. It's appreciated!

I think whom he got it from had tried, but my friend wasn't too worried in grade. While I agree it may look 9.2/9.4, it's hard to say. I put paper on the back when I scanned, but idk if it helped to see the edges...

Thanks again :)

I wanted to thank you guys for grade estimates, I guess it all "makes sense!" What do you think?

image.png.1800ac051d1493bbb28e4ac977dd206e.png

asm361frontbagley.jpg

asm361backbagley.jpg

Funny thing is... I cut the window bag four inches by four inches at the bottom right.

I knew it would be a big sketch remarque, I thought surely if I window bag it lol

They... did... not... @grendelbo  :roflmao:

I had trepidation going into it, but it is what it be!

On 9/28/2023 at 10:07 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Funny thing is... I cut the window bag four inches by four inches at the bottom right.

I knew it would be a big sketch remarque, I thought surely if I window bag it lol

They... did... not... @grendelbo  :roflmao:

I had trepidation going into it, but it is what it be!

carnage-carnage-everywhere.jpg.b1bc35f1379ce84754d68f81ec87a4ec.jpg

On 9/28/2023 at 12:35 PM, Eric C M said:

If it’s any consolation I think it looks good, the green gel pen gives added pop!

Ya I like the green too. For some odd reason it's not as pukish looking as I would normally think "a green" would look.

If that makes sense. It's a soft green, and you can make out carnage well enough that it doesn't just look like scribble...

Odd choice but worked better that silver or black as those are intrusive and or hard to see to make out the sketch imo. The only green naturally on the cover is where it says, "carnage part one!"

So it's not totally foreign either. ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/28/2023 at 1:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 9/28/2023 at 1:02 PM, ShaggyB said:

Did you do pressing?

Yes

Yes and it's not in the graders Notes, but I remember vaguely a ruffled top edge, and they may have considered the pencil writing in the price box that @Get Marwood & I mentioned might be on most Australian copies.

I'm satisfied but did do a double take 😂

I'm not sure Bagley has the best placement of his sketches. I sent my USM1 (white variant) b/c it had so much area not covered by art, and it's mostly white background. He sketched right on top of the Spider-Man—the only art on the cover. Live & learn. I actually like yours better

On 9/29/2023 at 9:05 PM, scburdet said:

I'm not sure Bagley has the best placement of his sketches. I sent my USM1 (white variant) b/c it had so much area not covered by art, and it's mostly white background. He sketched right on top of the Spider-Man—the only art on the cover. Live & learn. I actually like yours better

Ouch 🤕 your thoughts are similar in scope to mine that it can detract, and I appreciate the sentiment, the green is seeable rather than the usual silver or black imo, thankful for that! It then comes down to true aesthetics and whether your committed or not. I guess 😂

It can be ok in some cases or with me, as there are a lot of this issue slabbed, just not a lot of Australian 🤔

I'm happy with it, just whether anyone else would be years from now is another bridge to come too. I'm just trying to be a good Steward. (thumbsu

It's big, it is loud, and soon to be in hand then I'll post up in the appropriate back from CGC threads and etc. 

Again thanks for taking the tbh, I feel you :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM