• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does adding a Custom Label result in a Separate Shipment?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I just placed an order that consisted of 6 vintage and 8 modern comics. I expect to be charged separate handing and return shipping for the vintage and modern shipments but I was also charged for a separate shipment when I added a custom label to one of the Modern books. Is this normal? what happens if I have 10 different books each with a different custom label? Will that be an extra $250 for ten separate shipments? I just wanted to confirm before I place future orders. Thanks!

Oh. And it was the Universal Venom Lethal Protector that I ordered.

• Administrator

@grendel013,

Hello! Thank you for contacting us! This is normal. Because you added a custom label to one of the books, this book is broken up into its own submission form separate from the other Moderns. If you were two add 5 Vintage, 5 Modern, and 5 Modern without custom labels you would still only receive 5 packages (not 7). Any time extra services are added to one book or another, it will be handled separately in-house and therefore must be broken up. Due to the large number of books we have at any one time, we would not be able to have submissions that are broken up because of one service or another, be matched back together before shipping. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

On 5/31/2023 at 8:24 AM, MattM CS said:

@grendel013,

Hello! Thank you for contacting us! This is normal. Because you added a custom label to one of the books, this book is broken up into its own submission form separate from the other Moderns. If you were two add 5 Vintage, 5 Modern, and 5 Modern without custom labels you would still only receive 5 packages (not 7). Any time extra services are added to one book or another, it will be handled separately in-house and therefore must be broken up. Due to the large number of books we have at any one time, we would not be able to have submissions that are broken up because of one service or another, be matched back together before shipping. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

If I submit two modern books BOTH with custom labels BUT DIFFERENT LABELS (1 Venom & 1 Fantastic Four) would that still be one submission?