• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

Unfortunate series of events for all involved.

For those that have sought restoration services, was a contract executed between the parties that identified specific timeframes along with estimated type of work to be performed? 

On 6/17/2023 at 4:19 AM, Cat said:

Don't blame the customers for your inadequacies. 

"Yeah, she left me because my pecker was just way too big. You know how it is." 

Whatever dude. 

Either take responsibility or don't, but don't eff around with this stuff. 

I disagree with your hypothesis that there is no middle ground. 😎

On 6/17/2023 at 12:35 PM, NP_Gresham said:

IMG_2513.jpeg

IMG_2514.jpeg

On 6/17/2023 at 11:32 AM, CAHokie said:

Maybe not?

@Hero Restoration if you send NP his book back on Tuesday with a tracking number, I will reimburse you and add extra for your time after he confirms he got the book. 

I'll take you up on that, but mailers? No! if you watch my packaging video, it's box on a box with space between the two. Also has to be video recorded, to ensure that everything that goes into the box is what's found in the box 

I'd post it but it doesn't let me post video.

Edited by Hero Restoration

On 6/17/2023 at 12:44 PM, FormerReader said:

A lot of excuses in this thread. A common theme when someone is in the wrong is to blame others. I feel bad for the customers.

I think you're confusing excuses with reasons. It is what it is on both sides.

On 6/17/2023 at 1:21 PM, seanlinc said:

Quite a long an interesting read I guess it's a complicated matter for the business owner but the next step forward seems perfectly clear. Just send back whomever has requested their books back as is. At this point i'm pretty sure they have written off any fees they have paid and would just be happy to have their books back. If sometime in the future you made them whole great but at this point I think most would be thrilled to just have their property returned.

This is the closest thing relevant to the reality as it unfolds.

On 6/17/2023 at 1:22 PM, CAHokie said:

It’s a great question but at this point he feels he has lost both. The book is the most valuable thing and something he has no right to keep. I get the feeling (just a feeling) that the money is gone, the book is hopefully still there. 

I still don't understand what the logic is in that. There is no indication the book is lost, there is insurance coverage for any type of situation where the book is not where it's supposed to be. There is communication that's being left out. Just saying

On 6/17/2023 at 3:22 PM, Flanders82 said:

It shouldn't cost more than uninsured USPS registered mail.  Either the owner's collector's insurance policy or Hero Restoration's insurance will cover anything lost in the mail if certain conditions are met, such as using an authorized carrier/shipping option with signature confirmation.  That's the benefit of having a policy, you don't have to spend needless money on double coverage that won't even apply or be paid out if they purchase through USPS, since another policy is inforce and existed prior. 

Should or shouldn't? Unless you've read the policy you don't know. Not my job to educate you on what shipping options are available. Go look it up

On 6/17/2023 at 3:47 PM, Kamenliter said:

Exactly. I should have said as much to Mike before he shipped my books, as I see they've been sent UPS without signature confirmation. They're due to arrive on Monday; the last update on the UPS site was from 6/14 at 12:29 am saying they left the Portland, OR branch (after being delivered from Albany, OR, close to Lebanon, OR where Hero is located). Crossing my fingers they arrive safely. I'll report back here.

I had no idea the software was malfunctioning. It looks like I have to click signature twice before it actually adds it to the total.

Unbelievably I am grateful.

PXL_20230618_062218008.MP.jpg

PXL_20230618_062237112.jpg

On 6/17/2023 at 10:36 PM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

"There is no indication the book is lost"?? Do you not know if you have it or not? Why are you using passive voice and indirect language? If I were an aggrieved client, I would think you sold my comic(s) for cash to float business expenses. It's a simple question really: do you or do you not have the mentioned books in your possession?

Yoda-Retina_2a7ecc26.thumb.jpeg.06c2705a2e4f16f5ad7806ebbe07934f.jpeg

There is no lost, only done and not done.

1687070006086965103866347762034.thumb.jpg.b496d1ca4c37eae93aa1d8dc21bf176e.jpg

On 6/17/2023 at 7:35 PM, bighairjer said:

Unfortunate series of events for all involved.

For those that have sought restoration services, was a contract executed between the parties that identified specific timeframes along with estimated type of work to be performed? 

You know that's the problem? There is a contract and it's being completely ignored because it doesn't say what anyone wants it to say. If you can't agree with the terms and agreement, then don't check off the box and agree. And then decide later, You're just going to make up your own policy. Want to learn more? Read this.

1. Customer agrees to pay Company all Services fees at the time of submission. Prices for Services are subject to change. Prices on pre-printed paper Submission Forms are only current as of the date of printing, so Customer should confirm current prices on Company’s web site. If payment is being made by credit card, Customer agrees that Company may charge all Services fees to the credit card upon receipt of the Submission Form. Unpaid balances shall accrue interest at the rate of 1.0% per month until paid. Customer hereby grants to Company a security interest in the collectibles submitted to secure payment of any Services fees. In addition to such security interest, Customer agrees that Company may hold any collectibles or other property submitted by Customer until Customer has paid in full all outstanding balances, regardless of whether such balances are related to such collectibles or other property.
  2. Customer assumes all risk of loss or damage to collectibles until collectibles are received and inspected by Company. A Company’s provision of Services commences upon receipt of a submission of collectibles from Customer. Once a submission of collectibles is delivered to Company, it cannot be canceled or changed by Customer

NOT MY Words, OR HERO'S, SO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT WORDING THEIR ARE BIGGER FISH THAN ME TO TAKE THAT UP WITH. 😉

No more butts, no more assumes. 

• Administrator

2 posts have been removed because they revealed personal information of another user.  No warnings were issued.  However, if it happens again, a formal warning will be issued with a minimum of 3 points added to your account.  quoting a post that contains personal information counts and will be treated the same, as it is now you who is posting someone's personal information.  This is something that we treat very seriously, as it is potentially on the internet forever.