• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2023 at 9:43 AM, ExNihilo said:

I'm guessing between the business and health care, they're probably already in the red and can't afford to refund customers AND cover shipping.

The problem with sending out an email at this point is it sounds like they've lied to customers enough times that I imagine there are some customers who believe everything to be another lie.  Much like "the boy who cried wolf", this is more like "the presser who said it was getting packaged."  If it wasn't actually being packaged in the past, why should a customer believe that they're being genuine now about sending books back.

Despite that, this seems like a genuine case of someone just running into a string of bad luck and the recent health problems are the top priority.  It's an unfortunate set of circumstances and I agree that laying it all out for customers is the way to go.  I'd like to think people could be empathetic and understand that progress is going to slow down as a result.  Maybe assign numbers for every open order, tell customers what number their order is, and then send out an email every month saying you're currently working on order number XX so that way everyone has an idea of how much longer it will take before their books are finished.

Unfortunately, empathy is in short supply. I think some of it is the economic climate right now including inflation. People are looking for ways to stretch dollars, and canceling orders is one way to do it. Did you know when your books arrive at CGC, you Cannot cancel the order. Even if they're 4 month tiers taking 14 months. Plus, the meter already starts once we receive the books. You got receiving you got emails, books get dry, cleaned or prepped and then the larger process is already getting on way. I am committed to getting the books done, but customers aren't committed to waiting for them to be done. When you're talking to a client and they're only interested in one thing, and that's the one you can't do, and the client escalates it into a poor me. 

• Administrator
On 6/17/2023 at 7:18 AM, Hero Restoration said:

Did you know when your books arrive at CGC, you Cannot cancel the order.

While your statement is true, there has been at least 1 exception to that rule.  We had an unexpected issue come up regarding metal cards.

Orders containing metal cards from the Pokémon Celebrations Ultra-Premium Collection are being delayed while CGC Trading Cards adapts its holder.

CGC Trading Cards™ continues to conduct extensive testing into solutions to safely encapsulate the metal commemorative cards from the Pokémon Celebrations Ultra-Premium Collection.

At this time, our best estimate is that a solution will be in place by the end of May 2022. All submissions with metal Pokémon Celebrations Ultra-Premium Collection Pikachu or Charizard cards will be expedited as soon as this solution is in place.

If submitters do not wish to wait, they can contact Customer Service to have their submission returned. Any metal cards will not be encapsulated, and the grading fees will be fully refunded. Any standard cards that are part of the submission will be encapsulated as normal.

On 6/17/2023 at 6:18 AM, Hero Restoration said:

Unfortunately, empathy is in short supply.

The reason your empathy is in short supply is because you are dealing with extreme hardship.  When we have our own difficulties, it's hard to empathize with the customer and understand their position.  They get put into two camps, the good guys who will let us do it our way and the bad guys who are done being patient.  It can become all about our own problems and all about why they won't empathize with us...when all the while we are not empathizing with them.

Unfortunately, empathy is in short supply. I think some of it is the economic climate right now including inflation. People are looking for ways to stretch dollars, and canceling orders is one way to do it. Did you know when your books arrive at CGC, you Cannot cancel the order. Even if they're 4 month tiers taking 14 months. Plus, the meter already starts once we receive the books. You got receiving you got emails, books get dry, cleaned or prepped and then the larger process is already getting on way. I am committed to getting the books done, but customers aren't committed to waiting for them to be done. When you're talking to a client and they're only interested in one thing, and that's the one you can't do, and the client escalates it into a poor me. 

@Gaard @NP_Gresham 

What’s the deal with the AF 15?  Surely you’ve seen multiple people in this thread asking about it.

On 6/17/2023 at 11:38 AM, Nazirite said:

Don't return a single book, stop working, I'm going to dm you a number, when the other guy answers I want you to say these words: "I need a dust filter for a Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro." Take those 5 AF-15's with you and start over. Good luck.

It’s scary that I knew that reference immediately, lol

On 6/17/2023 at 10:26 AM, DeadOne said:

If I'm thinking correctly (and I believe I am), he used to go by MCP and/or MasterControlProcess. He used to post a lot on the comicspriceguide forum before that original forum crashed before migrating over to the CGC boards.
I think it was on the CPG boards where he was first blasted by a few of the CGC boardie mainstays at the time for doing the kind of "restoration" work he was attempting to do on books that were definitely not $1 books.

If the CPG board hadn't crashed, or this board had a memory that went back to 2009-ish, it would probably be a fun nostalgic read for some.

The handle was MasterCPU here. If you go to page 5 of this thread, BlowUpTheMoon posted links to some of those threads.

On 6/17/2023 at 12:08 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

The handle was MasterCPU here. If you go to page 5 of this thread, BlowUpTheMoon posted links to some of those threads.

Thank you @MR. Pontoon

And thanks to @BlowUpTheMoon for posting the links. I'm sorry I missed this my first read through.

On 6/17/2023 at 5:59 AM, Hero Restoration said:

Not taking it wrong, just providing context, and errors and omissions. I can turn it around, but only if given. time. Without that, the work isn't worth having done.

Again, I can't offer much BUT empathy, but I think you have to start considering that people want their books BACK more than they want the work done at this point--at least some of them.  If it was me, I would probably be putting any energy I had into returning everyone's books so that they at least have their property back--and then declare bankruptcy due to your health problems and work out any refunds for services not completed through the courts.  Then you will be able to start again with a clean slate.  It's not a rainbows and unicorns solution for the people who will lose a percentage of the fees they paid, but it gets you out of this hole that must hang over your head every minute of your life, stealing energy that you need to heal.

You have all my empathy, as long as you try something different other than what you're doing now, because what you are doing now is not working, and it very well might kill you if you don't.  If you really feel that you can work your way out of this hole, then I hope that you will at least accept help so that people can see some movement.  Again, SOMETHING needs to change.

And with that, I'm out of this conversation unless you need me.

Edited by fishbone

I really hope @NP_Gresham’s AF 15 isn’t “missing”.  It should be a priority to sort out the people that want their books back regardless if work has been completed or not.  

At the very LEAST, get those people their books back immediately.  Figure out the refunds later.  This is ridiculous.