• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

HEROES RESTORATION HOSTAGE SITUATION , explained ... a mans word is all they got, this mans word is worthless..

Hi , I'm one of the "lucky "ones ... i actually got my books back , though 2 of the 4 subbed are now destroyed.

After reading the preceding 38 pages of absolute , outright wildly_fanciful_statement ...both in terms of property losses and monies paid for services , I have to be thankful I guess...

I have many multiple letters from "Heroes" that are blatant lies , "Your comics have finished second press, my boss wont release these until perfect , almost there ! " ... From the Owner , "You are my top priority , just a couple more weeks " ...ect wildly_fanciful_statement , ect wildly_fanciful_statement , ignore,ignore ... .... this dragged on for many months until at this point i needed the books , The comics subbed were promised to a Heritage Foreign comics auction, and as the deadline was nearing , I would lose the opportunity , I deemed my comics as being held hostage .....

I sent a letter to Heroes office ...that said please release my comics in whatever state they are ( I assumed that they had finished a second press, as stated ) .....just release them, no refund needed

That never happened , I then contacted the owner  , i asked the owner the same thing ....that never happened ...although he gave his word repeatedly he'd send this day or that ....then acted as if i was the problem when i tried to confirm..........ect wildly_fanciful_statement , ect wildly_fanciful_statement , ignore,ignore

After 2 months and MANY emails /  multiple attempts to get them sent , they arrived at CGC .......with absolutely no work ever being done .....in fact , all the while they were there 8 months , they were stored like mess ....the comics were sent to him, flat , intact.... now ....well .... lets show how he cares for your property while they are being held hostage ......the X-Men #100 has a split from lower staple to bottom, it never had .....all 4  are now moisture rippled to F 

The trashiest thing is , he knew nothing was done ( I didnt ) , then he sent these rippled to hell comics to CGC instead of me ...... now costing me double , as all have to be pressed correctly, and regraded ......When I asked why he would knowingly do that , .....  his wise remark was ....you asked me to send em to CGC. ......  no he hasnt refunded my payment , no i dont think anyone will get reimbursed .... ... i think that money is long long gone ... 

Also,  the fact that the Heroes Website is still on the internet , as a legitimate entity , and is still accepting submissions ....    tells you whats still up .. it will continue ....

DSC05791.JPG

DSC05809.JPG

On 7/13/2023 at 2:12 PM, wolvie said:

HEROES RESTORATION HOSTAGE SITUATION , explained ... a mans word is all they got, this mans word is worthless..

Hi , I'm one of the "lucky "ones ... i actually got my books back , though 2 of the 4 subbed are now destroyed.

After reading the preceding 38 pages of absolute , outright wildly_fanciful_statement ...both in terms of property losses and monies paid for services , I have to be thankful I guess...

I have many multiple letters from "Heroes" that are blatant lies , "Your comics have finished second press, my boss wont release these until perfect , almost there ! " ... From the Owner , "You are my top priority , just a couple more weeks " ...ect wildly_fanciful_statement , ect wildly_fanciful_statement , ignore,ignore ... .... this dragged on for many months until at this point i needed the books , The comics subbed were promised to a Heritage Foreign comics auction, and as the deadline was nearing , I would lose the opportunity , I deemed my comics as being held hostage .....

I sent a letter to Heroes office ...that said please release my comics in whatever state they are ( I assumed that they had finished a second press, as stated ) .....just release them, no refund needed

That never happened , I then contacted the owner  , i asked the owner the same thing ....that never happened ...although he gave his word repeatedly he'd send this day or that ....then acted as if i was the problem when i tried to confirm..........ect wildly_fanciful_statement , ect wildly_fanciful_statement , ignore,ignore

After 2 months and MANY emails /  multiple attempts to get them sent , they arrived at CGC .......with absolutely no work ever being done .....in fact , all the while they were there 8 months , they were stored like mess ....the comics were sent to him, flat , intact.... now ....well .... lets show how he cares for your property while they are being held hostage ......the X-Men #100 has a split from lower staple to bottom, it never had .....all 4  are now moisture rippled to F 

The trashiest thing is , he knew nothing was done ( I didnt ) , then he sent these rippled to hell comics to CGC instead of me ...... now costing me double , as all have to be pressed correctly, and regraded ......When I asked why he would knowingly do that , .....  his wise remark was ....you asked me to send em to CGC. ......  no he hasnt refunded my payment , no i dont think anyone will get reimbursed .... ... i think that money is long long gone ... 

Also,  the fact that the Heroes Website is still on the internet , as a legitimate entity , and is still accepting submissions ....    tells you whats still up .. it will continue ....

DSC05791.JPG

DSC05809.JPG

@Hero Restoration  Anything to add?  We've seen complaints about your failure to do work but don't think we've seen complaints about the work you're done.  

On 7/13/2023 at 8:36 PM, thehumantorch said:

@Hero Restoration  Anything to add?  We've seen complaints about your failure to do work but don't think we've seen complaints about the work you're done.  

Hopefully it’s not another “oh woe is me” plea for understanding.  It’s abundantly clear he brought all this on himself.

On 7/14/2023 at 6:12 AM, wolvie said:

DSC05791.JPG

DSC05809.JPG

That's appalling. The guy said a few pages back that he considered 20 or more emails per day to be overwhelming, so it's no wonder he couldn't keep on top of his tasks. Surely he could at least have had somebody packing and returning people's books to them. I guess he probably ruined most of them due to his ineptitude.

He should do a Go Fund Me to raise the tens (hundreds?) of thousands of dollars he ripped off from his customers/victims.

Edited by Steven Valdez

On 7/13/2023 at 6:36 PM, thehumantorch said:

I don't think any work was done and, based on the owner of the comics' post and the graders notes, one could even suspect the comics had been intentionally damaged before submission to CGC.

On 7/13/2023 at 11:42 PM, Black_Adam said:

I don't think any work was done and, based on the owner of the comics' post and the graders notes, one could even suspect the comics had been intentionally damaged before submission to CGC.

I agree ,  nothing was done, they were left to gather moisture, flop around wherever , ...

and possibly out of spite , and my constant emails .....intentional or just outright negligent ? ....I'll hope the latter .

Edited by wolvie

On 7/14/2023 at 1:46 PM, wolvie said:

I agree ,  nothing was done, they were left to gather moisture, flop around wherever , ...

and possibly out of spite , and my constant emails .....intentional or just outright negligent ? ....I'll hope the latter .

I think 'Negligent' and Heroes Restoration go together like salt and pepper. Where there's one there's always the other. 

On 7/14/2023 at 1:42 PM, Black_Adam said:

Possibly... how dare anyone send a triggering email to the poor guy after waiting months/years for completion of his "services".

Edited by Steven Valdez

On 7/13/2023 at 9:42 PM, Black_Adam said:

That would be a new low for Hero.  I’d like to think he wouldn’t do that.  

He does know how to handle comics so there shouldn’t be rips and moisture rippling.  And sending books to CGC knowing they aren’t ready and it will cost the customer money with bad results is toxic and passive aggressive. 

On 7/14/2023 at 6:13 PM, thehumantorch said:

That would be a new low for Hero.  I’d like to think he wouldn’t do that.  

He does know how to handle comics so there shouldn’t be rips and moisture rippling.  And sending books to CGC knowing they aren’t ready and it will cost the customer money with bad results is toxic and passive aggressive. 

Pretty sure the guy's monumental toxicity has been established by now... oops, hope I don't get sued.

Insurance. Hero Restoration LLC has property insurance through Collectable Insurance Services. This insurance covers your property while it is at Hero Restoration, and during shipping from hero Restoration to its destination. This coverage is for thief, fire, or disaster damage such as flooding. It does not cover damage from the processes, or general storage of the collectables.”

Yikes.

On 7/13/2023 at 10:42 PM, Black_Adam said:

When books come that fluct up, the other techs don't touch them. They were waiting for me, and he made his choice, not I.

On 7/13/2023 at 10:46 PM, wolvie said:

In hindsight, I wish.

On 7/14/2023 at 11:36 PM, wiparker824 said:

Insurance. Hero Restoration LLC has property insurance through Collectable Insurance Services. This insurance covers your property while it is at Hero Restoration, and during shipping from hero Restoration to its destination. This coverage is for thief, fire, or disaster damage such as flooding. It does not cover damage from the processes, or general storage of the collectables.”

Yikes.

I note that it covers THEFT, however. That seems appropriate.