• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jose Rivera of Superworld Comics has passed away.
4 4

19 posts in this topic

Just wanted to let everyone know that Jose of Superworld Comics has passed away.  

I got to meet Jose for the first time earlier this year at Superworld’s office after the Little Giant show.  Such a wonderful guy and his comic book knowledge was second to none.  

Rest easy, Jose.

Terrible, terrible news -- I've spent a lot of time at Superworld, and have known Ted and the gang for almost 20 years.  Jose was such a passionate comics guy...loved the books as much as he liked the customers.

Prayers and condolences all around -- and rest in peace, Jose.

Dan

I've been close friends of Ted and Lisa VanLiew for 25 years, and I've met Jose a bunch of times.  A fantastic guy, a great friend to Ted & Lisa, and a true lover of comics.  I'd heard something a while ago that he was having health issues, though I never knew the details.  Heartbreaking to hear he's gone.