• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How old are you? And here is my story regarding comics.

125 posts in this topic

The strange part is the OP of this thread is....

What's double strange is....

And what's triple strange is that you fellows are commenting on these sidelights when you haven't all posted your own stories.

;)

I would also buy books from Pinochios on ave P in Brooklyn. Do any of you know Bell the owner?

-----

i think everyone else listed has closed other than her and i think the only reason she keeps on doing it is she owns the building the store is in.

A3ot3zHl.jpg

sample page of my first comic book inventory system. I was about 13 when I made this.

Pa3uAMOl.jpg

and here is my simplistic coding system

like most-- the early phase seems to focus on accumulating as many copies as possible…. then you start to care about condition and taking care of the books.

That is better than my current system lol

I force my 10 year old daughter to be my scribe as I yell out issues I don't have. She actually really enjoys reorganizing my comic collection with me. She wouldn't have it when I asked her to go to cons and dig through long boxes or leave the house at 4:30 to hit up an estate sale though. Little steps I guess…

So, the five codes correspond to old school

1) good

2) very good

3) fine

4) very fine

and 5) near mint?