• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I bother correcting miswraps?
2 2

13 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2023 at 12:53 PM, joeypost said:

Before you start pressing books yourself, it would be a good idea to research manufacturing in comic books. Learn what is correctable and what is not. 

Thanks for the reply. I have been pressing books myself for a while, and I have done miswrap corrections before. I'm certain that it's easily correctable. It's not rocket science. I'm just wondering if it's worth the effort in terms of grade/value since CGC often overlooks miswrapping but some collectors dislike it. Do you have an opinion on that?

I mean it probably depends on the grade of the book right?

and the value of the book in that grade? And the expected grade/value change if any

and the value of your time.  

and how good you are as a presser

if you’re a major league pitcher or brain surgeon with 7 kids maybe your time (and risk of hand injury) aren’t worth it.

look at it as a math problem, fill in yne criteria, then decide based on your own preferences 

so it depends

The difference between a spine roll and mis wrap has to do if the outside cover edges are lining up.  The back cover is showing some fanning with the edge rolled in.  This book has a slight spine roll that can be adjusted for a better eye appeal.  

Personally I would focus more on a thorough cleaning. As far as eye appeal, a cleaner book makes more sense than attempting to correct the alignment issue. The black line along the left edge is straight and the white space is consistent from top to bottom, which makes the book look aligned.