• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sigin to main site and boards issue!
4 4

70 posts in this topic

Hey @CGC Mike do you know of there being an issue reported where after yesterdays maintenance, once you log in either to the main site to view submissions or the message boards you get logged out? It's like an endless loop and it started yesterday afternoon. Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue?

On 6/28/2023 at 7:33 AM, Galen130 said:

It may take Mike awhile to get back to you as he’s out of town.  Until then, have you tried clearing cache, cookies, etc. in your browser?

I already had cleared my cache and cookies, it is still doing the same thing. Hopefully they can get this issue fixed.

On 6/28/2023 at 7:58 AM, Artboy99 said:

same, I have been signing out to then log in for about that long.

I've tried clearing caches and histories to no avail - however, I'm using two fairly old Macs with way outdated OS's day and night, and just figure the problem lies with that.

I'm just telling myself to remember the good ole days before cookies when I had to login every time I visited a website with my 5 letter password that no one bothered trying to steal so they could gain access to my collection of 480x640 web resolution Star Trek videos.

On 6/28/2023 at 7:55 AM, Dr. Balls said:

For me, this has been going on for maybe 8-9 months. I just view it as a First World problem and shrug my shoulders.

I was thinking second world.  We have the infrastructure, just not the skilled people to run it. 🤣🤣

IMG_0660.gif

On 6/28/2023 at 8:02 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I've tried clearing caches and histories to no avail - however, I'm using two fairly old Macs with way outdated OS's day and night, and just figure the problem lies with that.

I'm just telling myself to remember the good ole days before cookies when I had to login every time I visited a website with my 5 letter password that no one bothered trying to steal so they could gain access to my collection of 480x640 web resolution Star Trek videos.

IMG_0527.jpeg

On 6/28/2023 at 8:07 AM, F For Fake said:

This was happening to me again yesterday as well. When it takes you back to the home page, go to your profile in the corner, the dropdown, and Sign Out. Then sign back in. Works for me. This is what Mike advised when I was having similar troubles a while back, and it worked. It may look like you're not signed in, but if you "Sign Out", it will REALLY sign you out, and allow you to sign back in. Clear as mud? Sorry if I'm not explaining it well, but it does work for me, hopefully will work for you as well.

I did that too as I usually have to go that route from time to time and then it works. I think that this might hopefully be fixed now as I haven't been logged out in the last hour. So guess we will see. Thanks

It's been intense for me since yesterday. It's usually once a weekish, once every 5 days? Since yesterday it's happened 5 times. If it keeps it up at that pace with no fix in sight I'll simply stop coming here, it's far too frustrating to deal with that regularly. 

On 6/28/2023 at 9:54 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Sort by unread. I bet you have some unread PMs.

I do not.