• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does CGC ban posters from specific threads?
4 4

24 posts in this topic

On 7/7/2023 at 5:32 PM, thehumantorch said:

I  believe a few boardies have been banned from certain threads or areas of the board.  If I recall correctly Roy was one.

I miss Roy…😫😫

IMG_0584.gif

On 7/7/2023 at 4:32 PM, thehumantorch said:

I  believe a few boardies have been banned from certain threads or areas of the board.  If I recall correctly Roy was one.

I now cannot post on a single thread. Which is a shame because a number of creators are being unfairly defamed in a misguided attempt to embellish the reputation of another creator. Apparently, that is acceptable but some gently contentious remarks regarding that effort are not. Fair enough. I served my two-day timeout. But a lifetime ban from a thread that badly needs a more balanced viewpoint? I didn't even know the mods could do that. They failed to tell me that was part of the punishment.  Thanks for clarifying what happened.

On 7/7/2023 at 6:22 PM, sfcityduck said:

I now cannot post on a single thread. Which is a shame because a number of creators are being unfairly defamed in a misguided attempt to embellish the reputation of another creator. Apparently, that is acceptable but some gently contentious remarks regarding that effort are not. Fair enough. I served my two-day timeout. But a lifetime ban from a thread that badly needs a more balanced viewpoint? I didn't even know the mods could do that. They failed to tell me that was part of the punishment.  Thanks for clarifying what happened.

Perhaps Mike can shed light

@CGC Mike

On 7/7/2023 at 5:29 PM, thehumantorch said:

Perhaps Mike can shed light

@CGC Mike

I think the light has been shed.  Now that I know its likely not a technical issue, I can take it up on the moderating board or just create my own thread to discuss the subject and debunk the misinformation being bandied about.

• Administrator
On 7/7/2023 at 8:32 PM, sfcityduck said:

I think the light has been shed.  Now that I know its likely not a technical issue, I can take it up on the moderating board or just create my own thread to discuss the subject and debunk the misinformation being bandied about.

There is a Moderation Review Request forum.  Seems you brought it up here, I'll answer your question.  The reason was posted in the warning.  At least 2 of your posts contained name calling, and your attitude was severe enough to warrant a ban from topic as well.  I would tread lightly if you decide to start another thread about this same subject to bash another forum members thread.  It is fine to debate with other forum members.  I take very little action regarding warnings these days.  However, I will not allow this kind of behavior.  

On 7/7/2023 at 9:32 PM, Krismusic said:

What’s lbtl?

"In before the lock". Slow night, but all good, I tend to agree with all involved. Needs both sides told, but I don't see a lot of compromise possible.

But to the point I probably shouldn't push it, just slow night and I missed wrestling so c'est la vie

On 7/7/2023 at 5:45 PM, CGC Mike said:

There is a Moderation Review Request forum.  Seems you brought it up here, I'll answer your question.  The reason was posted in the warning.  At least 2 of your posts contained name calling, and your attitude was severe enough to warrant a ban from topic as well.  I would tread lightly if you decide to start another thread about this same subject to bash another forum members thread.  It is fine to debate with other forum members.  I take very little action regarding warnings these days.  However, I will not allow this kind of behavior.  

No worries. Again, I'm not calling for a moderation review. It's your call to make.

I'm glad it's fine to debate with other forum members. I love debating other forum members.  From the clash of viewpoints comes a lot of great ideas, often not mine. 

Still, I certainly hope you would not ban me for a thread correcting some myths that have appeared on this site regarding Joe Simon, Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and others, if I (1) don't identify other posters and (2) temper my rhetoric. I just think that facts do matter and are worth noting. I'm not sure why this forum would benefit from only having one inaccurate viewpoint permitted.

• Administrator
On 7/7/2023 at 10:36 PM, sfcityduck said:

No worries. Again, I'm not calling for a moderation review. It's your call to make.

I'm glad it's fine to debate with other forum members. I love debating other forum members.  From the clash of viewpoints comes a lot of great ideas, often not mine. 

Still, I certainly hope you would not ban me for a thread correcting some myths that have appeared on this site regarding Joe Simon, Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and others, if I (1) don't identify other posters and (2) temper my rhetoric. I just think that facts do matter and are worth noting. I'm not sure why this forum would benefit from only having one inaccurate viewpoint permitted.

It's absolutely ok to "correct" someone if you disagree with them.  The debate can sometimes get a little heated as long as the line is not crossed.  There may come a time when it is clear that neither side is going to budge.  At that point, both sides will need to agree to disagree.  This is AFTER both sides have posted their opinions to the community.  

The ban from the thread has been removed.  Please don't make me regret doing this.