• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bobby Blue GA, PCH, Timely's, Westerns $1 Million collection to auction
4 4

111 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2023 at 10:50 PM, tth2 said:

Nah, then you lose the alliteration.

I'm holding out for Rosy Coral's Comic Collection.

On 7/12/2023 at 2:34 PM, adamstrange said:

A key contact of Bobby Blue had a friend who had sold his collection to Flipmode and was happy with the result.

When Flipmode came into the town, they were met by lots of people, family and friends of Bobby Blue who were there to make sure he wasn't mistreated.

That said, a collection of this size/quality would likely have yielded greater value if more dealers/Auction Houses were allowed to bid.

Maybe, but some people don't care as much about the money as the person they're dealing with. I've heard that numerous times over the years and seen it first hand. I bought one of my homes this way, where the seller of the home refused to entertain anyone else until they were done with us, even if it meant more money. 

It's particularly true for people who don't really need the money. They just want a fair shake and don't mind leaving a little on the bone. 

I've actually seen dealers sell books for less just because they want to deal with someone. Not uncommon.