• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bobby Blue GA, PCH, Timely's, Westerns $1 Million collection to auction
4 4

111 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2023 at 12:35 PM, aardvark88 said:

More Bobby Blue's:

May be an image of Superman and text that says 'CGC UNIVERSAL GRADE Sensation Comics #1 THEBOBBY U 6.0 OFF-WHITE Pages 4269861024 --CGC Û NO.1 JANUARY DC UBLICATIO THE SENSATIONAL NEWADVENTURE STRIP CHARACTER-'

This collection should do very well some really nice books in it and this is one :ohnoez:

My earlier statement about this being a storage locker find was incorrect.

From what I heard in the video (I couldn't listen to this for an hour) the seller had heard of Flip Mode via another collection they bought. There was a strict vetting process to just be able to see and then make an offer on the comics.

That Amazing Mystery Funnies nn is is pretty wowzers.

Definitely the rarest of any of the books posted so far, and it's the highest graded (at 3.5), should cause quite a stir with the Centaur collectors.

Kind of weird that the sellers would choose to sell to these guys. I don’t do IG but live in their area. I don’t recall ever bumping into them.

If I were selling a collection of this magnitude, I would get multiple offers and start with some of the “big guys” at least.

Sounds like they were able to come up with an offer the owner liked and they are working hard to maximize their profit on a once in a lifetime buy. 

On 7/11/2023 at 1:19 PM, manetteska said:

the seller had heard of Flip Mode via another collection they bought. There was a strict vetting process to just be able to see and then make an offer on the comics.

Yes, vetting process via Bobby Blue the banker's power of attorney (POA) and his daughter, the future executrix of the estate. Great GA, Timely, PCH collection find even if the raws 'only' average out as 5.0 to 5.5 grade per Matt Nelson of CGC.

On 7/12/2023 at 12:03 PM, Robot Man said:

Kind of weird that the sellers would choose to sell to these guys. I don’t do IG but live in their area. I don’t recall ever bumping into them.

If I were selling a collection of this magnitude, I would get multiple offers and start with some of the “big guys” at least.

Sounds like they were able to come up with an offer the owner liked and they are working hard to maximize their profit on a once in a lifetime buy. 

A key contact of Bobby Blue had a friend who had sold his collection to Flipmode and was happy with the result.

When Flipmode came into the town, they were met by lots of people, family and friends of Bobby Blue who were there to make sure he wasn't mistreated.

That said, a collection of this size/quality would likely have yielded greater value if more dealers/Auction Houses were allowed to bid.

On 7/12/2023 at 9:03 AM, Robot Man said:

On 7/12/2023 at 11:34 AM, adamstrange said:

A key contact of Bobby Blue had a friend who had sold his collection to Flipmode and was happy with the result.

When Flipmode came into the town, they were met by lots of people, family and friends of Bobby Blue who were there to make sure he wasn't mistreated.

That said, a collection of this size/quality would likely have yielded greater value if more dealers/Auction Houses were allowed to bid.

Well, since all of these books are now going through CC for auction, I guess it's pretty clear that the sellers could have increase their proceeds if they had cut out the "wholesale" middleman (i.e. Flipmode) and gone straight through to CC directly themselves.  hm

Nice to hear that they appear to be happy with the offer which they did received from Flipmode in the end through.  (thumbsu

On 7/13/2023 at 9:26 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, since all of these books are now going through CC for auction, I guess it's pretty clear that the sellers could have increase their proceeds if they had cut out the "wholesale" middleman (i.e. Flipmode) and gone straight through to CC directly themselves.  hm

Nice to hear that they appear to be happy with the offer which they did received from Flipmode in the end through.  (thumbsu

They aren't all going through CC. Some will be at shows, some on IG.

Guessing all the best stuff will be up for auction though. 

On 7/14/2023 at 7:43 PM, aardvark88 said:

Another $1 million GA to modern collection from WA(?), USA to market via the GA Guru:

After taking a quick 3-minute skip and jump though this hour plus long video, it looks like like I will have to revise my old saying that it's far easier to sell one $10K book in today's marketplace as compared to a thousand $10 books.  hm

Even with the 25 copies of Batman Adventures 12 they managed to hunt down and the handful of lower grade GA books, I would have to say that it's far far easier to sell one $250K book in today's marketplace as compared to a million multiple copies of the same boxes of MA drek which you would be lucky to get two bits a piece for after factoring in disposal charges.  :fear:  :sick:   lol

Edited by lou_fine

All I will say is that I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I came into possession of either the Edgar Church Collection or this Million Book Monstronsity, but for completely different reasons.  (:  lol

Makes me wonder if the comic book Gods are simply giving Jeff his just dues with all this MA drek after inflicting all of us with his YouTube comic book hyped videos during the Covid/crypto comic book runup time period.  :blahblah:  :blahblah:   :tonofbricks: