• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your lowest-CGC-graded comic in your personal collection?
3 3

81 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2023 at 7:51 PM, Pixx_L said:
On 7/17/2023 at 7:44 PM, valiantman said:

It could be much worse... I think you got a great outcome.  You could have gotten a green qualified label with the official notation being a generic "Name written on cover".  You got a blue label with "MART NODELL" on the notation. (thumbsu

Yeah I agree. A lot of my original submissions to CGC were all signed books and back then if they could read the name they typically wrote "X name written on cover." If it's legible they really should have the exact name noted on the label as some sort of compromise since they don't verify signatures like this. I'm guessing they changed it for legal reasons to be unambiguous that they take no responsibility for verifying anything written on a book including even noting the name itself.

Right, they noted that MART NODELL was written on the cover, not that he definitely signed it. As far as CGC is concerned, they only know "someone" wrote it on there.

Lol I do have a ng as well.

Anyone care if it says ng (no grade) or pg (page?)?

Meaning is there a preference?

I know seemingly cgc stances change from time to time, now they would do og for this, but idk if I should reholders? Is there even a clear answer? In the one idk if it matters

3206904_Full_Obv.jpg

3206904_Full_Rev.jpg

On 7/16/2023 at 6:52 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

As Someone said Avengers #1, although it is "COMPLETE", which a LOT of 0.5 graded copies I've seen of this particular issue are not.

I traded this for it....

X-Men 266 cgc ss 8.0 Claremont newsie, New mutants 98 cgc 7.0 direct, Batman adventures 12 direct cgc 8.5, Secret wars 8 direct cgc 8.5. I threw in X-Men #134 in blue cgc 7.5, and a certain 9.2 Batman Harley Quinn 1999 #nn, this and ASM 344 direct cgc 9.8! I only had $1,216 into those books

4117991_Full_Obv.jpg?t=MTAvMjgvMjAyMiA5O

GetImage.aspx?c=4117991&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=

Hate to say it, but this if I remember correctly, this is pretty much what my Avengers 1 looks like from a condition grade point of view.  :fear:

Well okay, probably a tad better than this, especially with resepct to the back cover.  Was thinking of turfing it into the recycle bin years ago, but figure it would always be a good read considering it was a first issue. :luhv:

Not sure what it would go for and highly doubt it would be worth sending in to be graded and slabbed given the POS condition it's in plus the cost would be exponentially higher than what I had paid for the book in the first place.  (shrug)

10481119444_29618ed8f8_o.jpg

Superficially looks like a wonderfully-presenting NM, front and back.

Possibly a stain or something like that internally.

Nonetheless, always been very happy with a copy this nice at a comparatively budget price.

Alternatively, my slabbed copy of the first comic featuring the art of the brilliant Richard Corben.

I also have a better, easy 9.4 raw as well.

7004468131_df9037b74f_o.jpg

Part personal collection, part inventory. The ASM 1 was missing the pin up page and has since sold. The AF15 is just the cover and the spidey pages.  There is no telling what was going through the person's head when they cut that book up......  The AF15 is a keeper until another one walks into the shop. 

IMG_7214.JPG

On 7/18/2023 at 12:07 AM, lou_fine said:

Hate to say it, but this if I remember correctly, this is pretty much what my Avengers 1 looks like from a condition grade point of view.  :fear:

Well okay, probably a tad better than this, especially with resepct to the back cover.  Was thinking of turfing it into the recycle bin years ago, but figure it would always be a good read considering it was a first issue. :luhv:

Not sure what it would go for and highly doubt it would be worth sending in to be graded and slabbed given the POS condition it's in plus the cost would be exponentially higher than what I had paid for the book in the first place.  (shrug)

:takeit: