• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Summer Edition (#7) Round 2
10 10

190 posts in this topic

It is pretty amazing to get bullseyes...let alone multiple bullseyes.  Any book to me, on any given day could be one of 3 grades pretty much.  So for example whether low-grade, mid-grade or high-grade, let's say you think a book is 6.0/6.5/7.0 range (or for the Hulk as example 1.5/1.8/2.0) etc.  And then narrowing down to 2 grades you're at a 50-50 chance of guessing right.  Today's 5.0 could be tomorrow's 5.5...or 4.5... ??? (shrug)

Ugh, been a hell of a week, is it ok if I just submit "They're all kind, maybe, right around mid-grade-ish, give or take, a bit higher or lower"?

Ok ok, grades submitted. Not proud of it!

On 7/28/2023 at 2:57 PM, Axelrod said:

Well, I’m on vacation and had like 10 minutes on a computer with bad lighting to make my guesses.

this is my excuse.

I find I do better that way, as a matter of fact, I might start turning the lights off;) so good luck :foryou: