• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Return on a signature taking forever?
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Yeah good luck in getting your money and item back. I don't think they would honor that because it is already in some warehouse waitng for Hugh to be available. I sent in a comic blank for Bill Skarsgard to sign with Celebrity Authentices and it is almost been a year now (in August). All these actors have other business related obligations and these signings are always on the back of their priority list. You'd be wasting your time trying to plead your case. As much as I hate to say it "don't think about it and just wait". 

On 7/20/2023 at 2:09 PM, BbqP.Bun85 said:

Yeah good luck in getting your money and item back. I don't think they would honor that because it is already in some warehouse waitng for Hugh to be available. I sent in a comic blank for Bill Skarsgard to sign with Celebrity Authentices and it is almost been a year now (in August). All these actors have other business related obligations and these signings are always on the back of their priority list. You'd be wasting your time trying to plead your case. As much as I hate to say it "don't think about it and just wait". 

Ya I vaguely remember there being one available and under events with cgc, was just curious as it is not there now, which lead me to believe a deadline to have books in, but then cgc usually has it soon after when under  "their events" so I was looking to see the wording or clauses with fine print lol

Own edification and run on sentence I'm sure lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/20/2023 at 2:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I vaguely remember there being one available and under events with cgc, was just curious as it is not there now, which lead me to believe a deadline to have books in, but then cgc usually has it soon after when under  "their events" so I was looking to see the wording or clauses with fine print lol

Own edification and run on sentence I'm sure lol

Yeah I remember seeing something for Hugh Jackman too. I didn't care much for him because his price is too steep for me. Don't get me wrong, I love to get is autograph, but it is too much. I'm sure he is busy making that new deadpool movie and didn't he recently have the tip of his nose cut off because it was suspected that was a possibility of carcinomas and they had to do a biopsy? He has gone through a lot and he is just a busy man. Unfortunately there is only one Hugh Jackman and it sucks that customers have paid top dollar waiting for him to sign their items. I'm sure once he is once with filiming the movie and doing the promo for the movie is when he will have available time to sign everything. 

On 7/21/2023 at 6:45 AM, Catwomancomics said:

Everyone that has books for this signing needs to be patient. This was originally scheduled for late January/February. Then it was extended and more submissions were allowed.

Recent photos and videos have leaked from the Deadpool 3 movie set. He is working and fulfilling his contract obligations. 

he is not currently working, he is on strike

but your point of patience is valid for those who submitted 

I sent in a book as well. Four times Ive contacted CGC over the last year. I keep getting the same generic, "We hope to have it this month." Every time. They must have a book of bs to tell you, so you stop asking. Hugh Jackman has gone through a cancer scare, divorce, the strike, now finishing a movie. Itll be a while. My problem is that CGC doesn't ever give anyone any real updates. On social media, or email.  Unless its them promoting. In my opinion, very unprofessional. Unless, you contact customer service directly. It's constantly frustrating because you're just left wondering about your property. 

On 7/23/2023 at 10:24 PM, postersandstuff said:

I hope they get sued , customers shouldnt tolerate this !

It simply shouldn’t be offered unless they can set a date and if he failed to show then owes them a ton of money. They should have had him sign a contract instead of relying on good faith. Personally I think it says a lot about him if he knows people paid and sent stuff in and it been over a year. I see Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth have no problem taking care of signings and their fans as a result.

From CA:

Everyone's patience will soon be rewarded as Hugh Jackman has confirmed that he will be completing his signing with us in February (he wraps shooting Deadpool 3 late January).  Hugh has said this would be his ONLY signing with all of his proceeds being donated to charity.  Get ready to take your collection to the next level with Hugh Jackman!

On 12/13/2023 at 11:57 AM, SLABBED SS ADDICT said:

From CA:

Everyone's patience will soon be rewarded as Hugh Jackman has confirmed that he will be completing his signing with us in February (he wraps shooting Deadpool 3 late January).  Hugh has said this would be his ONLY signing with all of his proceeds being donated to charity.  Get ready to take your collection to the next level with Hugh Jackman!

Also from twin cities email (i didn't do the signing but look for them sometimes)

image.png.97c04c7267bff55fa400cb23d153b4e9.png

I think one of the issues is that prior to any given signing it’s not clear how many submissions there will be, so you don’t know how long to book the actor’s time for.

also you don’t know if they will forced to do any number of more important things even if you plan so far in advance

You might be in for a very long wait. All of these celeb events are pretty much all through a third party host like Twin Cities. And they are often times at the mercy of the celeb as to win they feel like doing the signing. I waited over a year for Cumberbatch 

It's booked through CELEBRITY AUTHENTICS who have a history of writing proverbial cheques they can't cash.   The group gets an extremely flexible agreement from a celebrity / athlete etc, not much more than a handshake, really.  But their time does get booked and confirmed with their agent/manager, so typically this means it will happen.  It's just not a priority - and the level of BS excuses we get as the fan/consumer is terrible.   Personally, I don't believe this will happen in February either.  They've clearly booked the time with Jackman as a charity event to satisfy some of his tax deduction/offset obligations.