• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Skybound Energon Universe Thread! COBRA Commander #3 Out NOW!
3 3

144 posts in this topic

Here's every cover for Transformers #1, including store exclusive covers, I believe. 

gctkcs09wxmb1.thumb.jpg.322965d519a42114f3235e676cf48ee7.jpg

A whole heap of new covers in the first post here, and a few others scattered throughout the thread, including one by EJ Su! There's also a foil variant, which I'd absolutely love, being a child of the 90's, but I have no idea which cover it is,so that makes it kinds difficult for me. They could have advertised these better. 

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/transformers-first-issue-unique-variants.1252879/

On 9/12/2023 at 3:38 PM, Cat said:

A whole heap of new covers in the first post here, and a few others scattered throughout the thread, including one by EJ Su! There's also a foil variant, which I'd absolutely love, being a child of the 90's, but I have no idea which cover it is,so that makes it kinds difficult for me. They could have advertised these better. 

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/transformers-first-issue-unique-variants.1252879/

They really could have done a better job with advertising these covers.

I wonder what the 1:100 spoiler variant cover has on it.

On 9/13/2023 at 11:10 PM, captainzombie said:

They really could have done a better job with advertising these covers.

I wonder what the 1:100 spoiler variant cover has on it.

I absolutely agree. They've done a shockingly bad job of it. Just awful. I've got no idea which covers are store exclusives, where they're available at, which are orders or through Previews. It's a complete schmozzle. 

On 9/13/2023 at 8:59 AM, Cat said:

I absolutely agree. They've done a shockingly bad job of it. Just awful. I've got no idea which covers are store exclusives, where they're available at, which are orders or through Previews. It's a complete schmozzle. 

Have to wonder what the deal is considering that getting both Transformers and GI Joe under the Image umbrella would be a huge get. It seems like Void Rivals had much bigger promotion out of all this.

On 9/14/2023 at 3:18 AM, captainzombie said:

Have to wonder what the deal is considering that getting both Transformers and GI Joe under the Image umbrella would be a huge get. It seems like Void Rivals had much bigger promotion out of all this.

Yeah, that book they were really clear with what covers were available, same with the second prints. So why not the same thing for the much larger Transformers book itself? It makes zero sense. 

On 9/13/2023 at 7:12 PM, Cat said:

Yeah, that book they were really clear with what covers were available, same with the second prints. So why not the same thing for the much larger Transformers book itself? It makes zero sense. 

This whole this is very strange, I just hope the book turns out to be good.

Do we know what the 1:100 spoiler variant is going to be?

On 9/15/2023 at 12:48 AM, captainzombie said:

This whole this is very strange, I just hope the book turns out to be good.

Do we know what the 1:100 spoiler variant is going to be?

Not yet, as far as I know. 

I'm really thinking about going all in on a nice-looking foil cover. $34 raw, or $100 (all prices USD) for a CGC 9.8 copy. It's the lure of the foil, and it's a nice cover. It'd just whether it's worth getting the graded copy. 

On 9/18/2023 at 3:10 AM, Cat said:

I gave in and ordered the Big Time Collectibles exclusive cover, the foil variant CGC Graded 9.8. I can't resist the shinies.

373469791_272466762310517_5984573885314592791_n_1.thumb.jpg.91fa77569b76ddc7f43771ecb286ddad.jpg

Looks good though!

You had asked, but that sounded like a personal decision best left up to you. Given your distance in location, I don't blame you. A raw that was sent to CGC from Australia would have been equally, if not more, cost prohibitive. 

Congrats! I agree with your sentiment.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/17/2023 at 3:33 PM, Cat said:

I'm really thinking about going all in on a nice-looking foil cover. $34 raw, or $100 (all prices USD) for a CGC 9.8 copy. It's the lure of the foil, and it's a nice cover. It'd just whether it's worth getting the graded copy. 

On 9/18/2023 at 10:13 AM, captainzombie said:

That is an awesome cover. What is BTC charging for this foil as raw and graded?

I think his quoted is for this book :cheers: 

Yep, Addie's correct, $100 graded 9.8 FOIL variant, or $34 foil variant raw. I'm in Australia so grading is very difficult, so why not get a nice thing every now and then? I like this cover, I LOVE foil, why not? 

Edit: Here's the link to it, with all the options. There's a few more m, if you're a gambling man, or would prefer regular non-foil. 

https://bigtimecollectibles.com/products/transformers-1-john-giang-exclusive-variant-options-10-04-23

Edited by Cat
Added link

On 9/18/2023 at 10:27 AM, Cat said:

Yep, Addie's correct, $100 graded 9.8 FOIL variant, or $34 foil variant raw. I'm in Australia so grading is very difficult, so why not get a nice thing every now and then? I like this cover, I LOVE foil, why not? 

Edit: Here's the link to it, with all the options. There's a few more m, if you're a gambling man, or would prefer regular non-foil. 

https://bigtimecollectibles.com/products/transformers-1-john-giang-exclusive-variant-options-10-04-23

Thanks guys for the pricing and link. I might just get this foil variant, its a nice looking cover.

On 9/19/2023 at 10:32 AM, captainzombie said:

Thanks guys for the pricing and link. I might just get this foil variant, its a nice looking cover.

I think it's the best of the lot, personally. I do like the Arcee cover too, but well, it's just been done too many times. Generic shot of Arcee trying to look sexy. Meh. It's well-drawn though. 

There are some other options besides just the two I mentioned. You can gamble by going for a minimum 9.6 graded. Frankly I think you're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person if you do that. Or there's signed and remarqued versions. In this case I think it'll ruin the cover, seeing it's in bright green pen. So I'm very happy with the straight graded 9.8 I went for. And if I decide I don't like it in person, I know a Starscream collector who'll happily take it off my hands for a nice little profit, so I can't lose. 

ANOTHER new cover. Apparently also with a foil variant. I do not know the retailer. It's a very IDW Optimus. 

gs2uh5mw68pb1.thumb.jpg.2e6df99a0e90922957a43f2b05880229.jpg

DWJ is selling copies of the SDCC ashcan in both colour and B & W, signed and remarqued, for $300US and $500US raw each respectively on his website store, if anyone wants them. 

Didn't think so, but never know. lol