• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Skybound Energon Universe Thread! COBRA Commander #3 Out NOW!
3 3

146 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2023 at 8:48 PM, Cat said:

So Void Rivals is now on a break until March, giving the creative team some time to rest and the rest of the universe some time to catch up. 

Yup, its on break till March. Issue #6 came out today and it was pretty good. It will stink having to wait till March though.

On 11/23/2023 at 1:14 PM, captainzombie said:

Yup, its on break till March. Issue #6 came out today and it was pretty good. It will stink having to wait till March though.

It will, I've still got so many questions about this book. Making me wait is just aggravating. :)

This week for Transformers #3 I'm down for the regular DWJ cover, the interconnecting 1:10 (I still need the first part of that, I really need to get around to that), and the 1:25, which is a pretty cool Optimus vs Seeker cover (not sure who, looks most like Thundercracker tbh so it's probably Skywarp). Very excited for it. Anyone else pre-order covers? 

On 12/3/2023 at 6:05 AM, Cat said:

This week for Transformers #3 I'm down for the regular DWJ cover, the interconnecting 1:10 (I still need the first part of that, I really need to get around to that), and the 1:25, which is a pretty cool Optimus vs Seeker cover (not sure who, looks most like Thundercracker tbh so it's probably Skywarp). Very excited for it. Anyone else pre-order covers? 

I've been picking up all of the incentive ratios for each issue so far and have been doing the same with Void Rivals. Probably a waste of money on some of them, but really do like some of these covers.

I did try to get into the GI Joe 301, but just couldn't. I may need to re-read it and see if anything changes.

On 12/4/2023 at 5:24 AM, captainzombie said:

I've been picking up all of the incentive ratios for each issue so far and have been doing the same with Void Rivals. Probably a waste of money on some of them, but really do like some of these covers.

I did try to get into the GI Joe 301, but just couldn't. I may need to re-read it and see if anything changes.

Out of curiosity which Joe bit it? I read some of the IDW issues, and I was lost back then, and that was just in the 180's. 

And agreed, there's some beautiful covers. And the occasional shocker, like Transformers #2 cover B. Can't stand that one. 

On 12/3/2023 at 1:41 PM, Cat said:

Out of curiosity which Joe bit it? I read some of the IDW issues, and I was lost back then, and that was just in the 180's. 

And agreed, there's some beautiful covers. And the occasional shocker, like Transformers #2 cover B. Can't stand that one. 

I think since I never read any of the Joe books and #301 was my first one, it had me a bit lost. Don't get me wrong, growing up I would watch the cartoon and also collected the figures. I just kind of felt like I came into the middle of a story with #301.

Transformers and Void Rivals has had a whole different vibe than GI Joe in the entire Energon Universe. If this is supposed to be a shared universe, well, GI Joe sure as hell doesn't feel like it is a part of this since there was a lack of a build up like TF was in VR.

On 12/4/2023 at 10:57 AM, captainzombie said:

I think since I never read any of the Joe books and #301 was my first one, it had me a bit lost. Don't get me wrong, growing up I would watch the cartoon and also collected the figures. I just kind of felt like I came into the middle of a story with #301.

Transformers and Void Rivals has had a whole different vibe than GI Joe in the entire Energon Universe. If this is supposed to be a shared universe, well, GI Joe sure as hell doesn't feel like it is a part of this since there was a lack of a build up like TF was in VR.

That Joe book isn't part of the Energon Universe. Everything else is, just not that one. It's a continuation of the original Marvel run, still written by original writer Larry Hama. 

On 12/3/2023 at 7:36 PM, Cat said:

That Joe book isn't part of the Energon Universe. Everything else is, just not that one. It's a continuation of the original Marvel run, still written by original writer Larry Hama. 

For some odd reason I thought it was going to be a part of the Energon universe.

Given restarts, as mentioned elsewhere, with even moderns like Saga, it is extremely satisfying to see the transformers and Joe make a continuation of original series that is again popular at the lcs. So it sounds.

Maybe I'm just screenshotting the moment, but I wait with baited breath for this thread!  :whee:

On 12/4/2023 at 1:31 PM, captainzombie said:

For some odd reason I thought it was going to be a part of the Energon universe.

Easy to be confused. :)

Anyone got a verdict on Transformers #3 yet? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. 

The 3rd printing of Transformers #1 will be in stores next week. Cover attached below. 

Transformers13rdPrinting.jpg.c004435c224b5fd83003073308c2fd38.jpg

Was anyone else just not that fussed with Transformers #3? It just didn't do much for me. Wondering it it's me or the comic. 

On 12/16/2023 at 7:27 AM, JBrown said:

Kind of, it felt like I was done reading it super quick compared to the previous 2 issues. Action was good, although the whole thing with Optimus did felt odd to me. Overall still liking what they are doing!

Yeah, exactly. 

Solicits for Transformers #6 state that 

Spoiler

someone will die. Note however, it doesn't specify that they're necessarily referring to a Cybertronian. Who knows, odds are it'll just be Cliffjumper. lol

On 12/16/2023 at 1:52 PM, Cat said:

Solicits for Transformers #6 state that 

Hide contents

someone will die. Note however, it doesn't specify that they're necessarily referring to a Cybertronian. Who knows, odds are it'll just be Cliffjumper. lol

They been doing Cliff wrong in so many universes. Maybe this time he becomes a prime? :roflmao:

On 12/7/2023 at 4:27 AM, Cat said:

Anyone got a verdict on Transformers #3 yet? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. 

I got through #3 over the weekend.  The book is still holding my attention although there was a bit with Optimus that felt out of place to me.  I may be a bit of traditionalist when it comes to TF, so maybe I was more surprised than I should have been considering some of the stuff that IDW had put out.  Anyways, I dug the human response to the TF because it felt natural.  And issue 3 had me all the way until the whole climax of the fight, if you want to call it that.