• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Skybound Energon Universe Thread! COBRA Commander #3 Out NOW!
3 3

144 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2023 at 12:05 PM, Cat said:

I didn't even think of GIJOE. Are you going to buy those books? I guess we have to, seeing as the cover for Duke has Starscream on it too. I'd prefer to just stick to Transformers, but if the TF's are going to regularly be in the Joes, I do want their appearances. 

Show us your SDCC gems :baiting:

On 10/7/2023 at 11:19 AM, greggy said:

Show us your SDCC gems :baiting:

Haha. Dude, I still don't have them in my hands yet. Right as they shipped to my friend, an offer on a house he'd made went through. They had to suddenly move. So I was like "It's cool, mate, it's cool, my stuff can wait" because he's got other books and figures of mine there too. Poor guy took a while moving in, and as soon as he did, there was a plumbing issue. So he's been handling all that and work. But he's promised me he'll get it out for me next week now. I've told him it's cool, take your time, get your house shored up, but he's adamant on getting it out to me, so hopefully in a bit over 2 weeks I'll have those to show. Still excited for those, my enthusiasm hasn't waned a bit!

On 10/6/2023 at 2:05 PM, Cat said:

I didn't even think of GIJOE. Are you going to buy those books? I guess we have to, seeing as the cover for Duke has Starscream on it too. I'd prefer to just stick to Transformers, but if the TF's are going to regularly be in the Joes, I do want their appearances. 

I think I will get the Joe books too as long as the quality is there. I got my 1:100 in yesterday, OMG what a beautiful cover. I have one more on the way and pray that it is in good shape as the place I ordered it from sometimes sucks with their packaging. I'm waiting for the second one to come in so I can send both in to be graded. One for my PC and the other to sell to pay for some of these books.

On 10/8/2023 at 12:02 AM, captainzombie said:

I think I will get the Joe books too as long as the quality is there. I got my 1:100 in yesterday, OMG what a beautiful cover. I have one more on the way and pray that it is in good shape as the place I ordered it from sometimes sucks with their packaging. I'm waiting for the second one to come in so I can send both in to be graded. One for my PC and the other to sell to pay for some of these books.

Oh nice, any chance you could post a pic, please? I'd love to see it. 

Here's a preview of #2. Scroll down and you'll find there's an extra page out of order. 

https://tformers.com/optimus-prime-rolls-out-in-image-comics-transformers-issue-no-2-preview/51051/news.html

On 10/7/2023 at 11:44 AM, Cat said:

Here's a preview of #2. Scroll down and you'll find there's an extra page out of order. 

https://tformers.com/optimus-prime-rolls-out-in-image-comics-transformers-issue-no-2-preview/51051/news.html

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out.

Here is the 1:100

IMG_4430.jpg

IMG_4431.jpg

On 10/8/2023 at 9:29 AM, captainzombie said:

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out.

Here is the 1:100

IMG_4430.jpg

IMG_4431.jpg

Nice score there. I really dig that cover. 

Right now THIS is a list of all covers for issue 1 of Transformers, including second print covers. 

It took a loooongarse time to get here. 

zi2nk7ae3etb1.jpg.6dd129690ca12767956c5f099e7633c0.jpg

On 10/13/2023 at 2:59 AM, lostboys said:

Thats uh...thats a lot of covers.

:tonofbricks:

Yeah, though to be fair most of us will only see 3 of those, and another 3 iirc for when the 2nd print is released. The rest are ratio exclusives or retailer exclusives, so not exactly the kind of thing one generally stumbles upon in the wild. 

Here's the cover to Void Rivals #5. Art by the wonderful Jae Lee (not his first Transformers work, funnily enough). 

SkyI-1023-VR5-JL-001.thumb.jpg.867a38f4ae83f59df8809dcd6fdb2651.jpg

On 10/15/2023 at 2:47 PM, Cat said:

Here's the cover to Void Rivals #5. Art by the wonderful Jae Lee (not his first Transformers work, funnily enough). 

SkyI-1023-VR5-JL-001.thumb.jpg.867a38f4ae83f59df8809dcd6fdb2651.jpg

They are killing it with some of these covers. I can't wait for VR#5, and the wait for TF#2 seems way too long. LOL!

On 10/16/2023 at 8:55 AM, captainzombie said:

They are killing it with some of these covers. I can't wait for VR#5, and the wait for TF#2 seems way too long. LOL!

I agree. I want a weekly book, this current schedule isn't working for me. Making me have 2 weeks out of the month without  a TF book is unacceptable! 

I was speaking via email to the guys at my LCS. I asked how Transformers #1 did for them. They said it did very well, selling out very quickly, and that there was a lot of buzz for the book. They're got a fair bit of interest already in the 2nd print. They hope Skybound can keep the quality up to maintain this level of interest. 

On 10/16/2023 at 11:15 AM, Cat said:

I was speaking via email to the guys at my LCS. I asked how Transformers #1 did for them. They said it did very well, selling out very quickly, and that there was a lot of buzz for the book. They're got a fair bit of interest already in the 2nd print. They hope Skybound can keep the quality up to maintain this level of interest. 

It sounds like the first issue did very well and from what I was reading is that it sold out at the distributor level. That is a great thing, but hopefully we do not get a barrage of second, third, fourth, and fifty prints.

On 10/17/2023 at 10:53 AM, captainzombie said:

It sounds like the first issue did very well and from what I was reading is that it sold out at the distributor level. That is a great thing, but hopefully we do not get a barrage of second, third, fourth, and fifty prints.

Bad news then. Second and third are on the way. lol

Here are covers for Transformers #4. Also, #1 sold a minimum of 150,000 copies! That's just the first print, and doesn't include all of the world, or digital, so real sales are much higher. Let's hope those numbers remain high. 

SkyI-0124-001.thumb.jpg.d3c07628c222e0984d61d23506735f4f.jpgSkyI-0124-002.thumb.jpg.f83d5418c54e9111033c82535534b4cf.jpg

On 10/21/2023 at 11:46 AM, Cat said:

Here are covers for Transformers #4. Also, #1 sold a minimum of 150,000 copies! That's just the first print, and doesn't include all of the world, or digital, so real sales are much higher. Let's hope those numbers remain high. 

SkyI-0124-001.thumb.jpg.d3c07628c222e0984d61d23506735f4f.jpgSkyI-0124-002.thumb.jpg.f83d5418c54e9111033c82535534b4cf.jpg

I really like that wraparound it looks really cool.

On 10/24/2023 at 1:31 AM, captainzombie said:

I really like that wraparound it looks really cool.

I've already ordered the other cover. I love the way Wheeljack looks. Can't wait for him to show up.