• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JERRY WEIST.............BRINGING IT ON EBAY

28 posts in this topic

Oh geez, we know what happened to the last dealer that the Doc was pumping. It can only be a matter of time now before Jerry Weist becomes a pariah of the comic collecting community too. poke2.gif

Could you please point me to this crashing market. I've bought 3 books in the last 2 months, I paid above GPA average and just below GPA high for all 3. CGC 9.4+ late silver/early bronze. Jerry is a real stand up guy who wouldn't be caught dead restoring books and always seems to have great material. Wonder how high the X-Men 35 will go, only 9.8 on the census. $4K+? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Could you please point me to this crashing market. I've bought 3 books in the last 2 months, I paid ... just below GPA high for all 3.

Chris, THAT'S what the skeptics consider to be a crash. gossip.gif If a book ain't setting new records with each sale, then it must be crashing.

i emailed Jerry and many of the raw books were sent to CGC but were not slabbed because of over hang....i guess that is why some are graded and some not...

popcorn.gif

Who is saying the market is "crashing"? I have read quite a few posts about a slowdown in some areas, but nothing recent regarding a crash. I would appreciate it if you point me to some of those posts.

I have been outbid quite a few times over the last month even though my bid was above Overstreet guide. Try obtaining 1940s WDC&S at guide for 9.0 and above examples. The same applies to high grade Atomic War covers. I can only speak for golden age books since I don't follow other markets but the market is not soft for high grade examples of golden age books.

Who is saying the market is "crashing"? I have read quite a few posts about a slowdown in some areas, but nothing recent regarding a crash. I would appreciate it if you point me to some of those posts.

I have been outbid quite a few times over the last month even though my bid was above Overstreet guide. Try obtaining 1940s WDC&S at guide for 9.0 and above examples. The same applies to high grade Atomic War covers. I can only speak for golden age books since I don't follow other markets but the market is not soft for high grade examples of golden age books.

Nor is it for low grade miscenallenous 50's comics. I have seen healthy bidding levels lately on every thing from Popular Comics from the late 40's to All-Star Western from the early 50's to miscellaneous Hillmans from the mid-50's. Actually I just would wish that price would soften!