• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Order required direct signature, was delivered without signature!!!!
2 2

13 posts in this topic

I had a graded comic shipped and arrived Monday July 24 but the FedEx driver delivered the comic and never knocked to get signature and put another name for the recipient. Luckily I was home and heard the box being dropped on the ground!! So just wanted to let everyone know that even though your comic requires a direct signature the driver can just bypass that and deliver without anyone being home so make sure you or someone else are there to receive your order.

On 7/25/2023 at 7:40 PM, Ludaen said:

I had a graded comic shipped and arrived Monday July 24 but the FedEx driver delivered the comic and never knocked to get signature and put another name for the recipient. Luckily I was home and heard the box being dropped on the ground!! So just wanted to let everyone know that even though your comic requires a direct signature the driver can just bypass that and deliver without anyone being home so make sure you or someone else are there to receive your order.

par for course with them. if it had been stolen you would have been SOL.

make note of who now owns 6.6% of Fedex:

https://fintel.io/so/us/fdx/blackrock

BlackRock Inc. ownership in FDX / Fedex Corp

2023-02-07 - BlackRock Inc. has filed an SC 13G/A form with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) disclosing ownership of 16,691,254 shares of Fedex Corp (US:FDX). This represents 6.6 percent ownership of the company. In their previous filing dated

2022-03-11 , BlackRock Inc. had reported owning 16,526,633 shares, indicating an increase of 1.00 percent.

BlackRock Inc. has a history of taking positions in derivatives of the underlying security (FDX) in the form of stock options. The firm currently holds call options representing 0 of underlying shares valued at $0 USD and put options representing 210,500 of underlying shares valued at $48,097,145 USD .

Edited by MAR1979

In my area, they seem to be signature Hawks. With the exception of during Covid, when they would just drop the packages and run, all the major carriers are very good and getting signatures. 

But to others point, not getting a signature has been a problem for many years. 

FedEx Ground used to be RPS. They were a good competition to UPS until FedEx bought them out. I've been waiting for a delivery since Friday. Every day they say they are delivering and then they update saying I wasn't available to sign and reschedule for the next day. The issue is I was home and they never came. Most of the time they require signature but there are also times they just leave the box. Idk. I just want consistency. Lol.:banana:

Nobody knocks on the door, or rings the doorbell, at my house except for the USPS contractor.  I’ve got a USPS signature service package coming from a fellow forums member because my wife’s adult, free-loading, spoiled, squatter son grabbed two boxes from the front porch (addressed to me) and opened them without looking at the name.  No one knocked.  It’s the state of the world these days…no one cares anymore about good customer service.

Oh, and now my wife’s kid has been given notice by me that he’s gone soon.  I’ve already printed out a ‘Notice to Quit’ form. 👏👏👏👏👏

Edited by Galen130

On 7/25/2023 at 8:35 PM, shadroch said:

It's been going on for several years now.

Unfortunately, it's been their standard practice since the pandemic. Before, they always came to my apt door for a signature. Now, not at all.

I get calls all the time from out of state precious metal refiners that want me to fedex them my scrap gold...I always tell them that after the experiences I've had with fedex and comics I wouldn't DARE put 2 pounds of scrap in their care!

On 7/25/2023 at 8:28 PM, MAR1979 said:

par for course with them. if it had been stolen you would have been SOL.

make note of who now owns 6.6% of Fedex:

https://fintel.io/so/us/fdx/blackrock

BlackRock Inc. ownership in FDX / Fedex Corp

2023-02-07 - BlackRock Inc. has filed an SC 13G/A form with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) disclosing ownership of 16,691,254 shares of Fedex Corp (US:FDX). This represents 6.6 percent ownership of the company. In their previous filing dated

2022-03-11 , BlackRock Inc. had reported owning 16,526,633 shares, indicating an increase of 1.00 percent.

BlackRock Inc. has a history of taking positions in derivatives of the underlying security (FDX) in the form of stock options. The firm currently holds call options representing 0 of underlying shares valued at $0 USD and put options representing 210,500 of underlying shares valued at $48,097,145 USD .

Since BlackRock had a large stake in FedEx, my guess is that they view signing for your package as Write Privilege.

On 7/26/2023 at 9:58 AM, Mystafo said:

I get calls all the time from out of state precious metal refiners that want me to fedex them my scrap gold...I always tell them that after the experiences I've had with fedex and comics I wouldn't DARE put 2 pounds of scrap in their care!

Yeah l ship PM thru USPS Registered mail why take the risk ? Never had a problem .