• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trouble with Comiclink Website?
10 10

266 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2023 at 12:20 PM, DC# said:

I am still getting "want list" emails this morning so some part of their inventory system is still operational.    Surprised they haven't sent out an email to their distro list with updates of what is going on.   

I used to get "You've been outbid" and "You've won!" emails from them.  That seems to stop a while ago. 

On 8/2/2023 at 12:44 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I used to get "You've been outbid" and "You've won!" emails from them.  That seems to stop a while ago. 

As of yesterday, I was still receiving outbid email notifications plus general emails about the current auction sessions.

On Sunday morning when I started this thread, their home page would open and load and then a Hentai sexytime page would load in its place. I think I also got a phony Firefox update page on one of my attempts.

On 8/2/2023 at 12:52 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

As of yesterday, I was still receiving outbid email notifications plus general emails about the current auction sessions.

On Sunday morning when I started this thread, their home page would open and load and then a Hentai sexytime page would load in its place. I think I also got a phony Firefox update page on one of my attempts.

That sounds like a cross site scripting attack or something along those lines

On 8/2/2023 at 12:52 PM, MR. Pontoon said:
On 8/2/2023 at 12:44 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I get (too many) emails about the  about the current auction sessions.  But no "You've been outbid" and "You've won!" emails

On 8/2/2023 at 11:43 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

1) If it was a tainted DNS issue, I doubt we'd be getting to the site at all.
2) If it was a Dos/Ransomware attack, I'd think we'd being a message from the attackers.

Whether it was xss or tainted dns, they could resolve that by now with the ISP or data center security countermeasures. We wouldnt necessarily be presented with ransomeware pages.  The ransomware/DoS/exploit or catastrophic failure could bring down the back end sql or storage and even the front end pages but they could still bring up a fresh patched generic web server to serve up the maintenance page they have now for customers. Ransoware messages pages would likely be visible internally to the admins. 

Either way they are too busy dealing with it as emails to their support have gone unanswered. 

On 8/2/2023 at 3:14 PM, wiparker824 said:

Anyone selling in the current auction? I’m only bidding in this one, which is mildly annoying but can imagine if I was selling in it I’d be wanting some answers as to what the ETA is and plan moving forward.

I'm selling in it, well I guess right now I'm not selling anything.  :tonofbricks:

The selling issue is serious. Recently Heritage froze for about a half-hour, and then just started up again. I would guess a portion of bidders gave up and didn't come back. Anyone selling after the freeze has a good case that Heritage's IT issue cost them money. In the past I have seen ComicLink auctions hang up for awhile, then just be restarted with no explanation. Again, if I had been a seller I would have felt that ComicLink's IT issue cost me money. ComicConnect has had issues too (it has been a few years since I have noticed such problems with either ComicLink or ComicConnect), but in that/those cases ComicConnect has stopped the auction and made a point to indicate that it would need to be started afresh the next night. While no IT failure is a positive for sellers, I think that ComicConnect's approach is about the best you can do. Luckily (I guess) the ComicLink was down before the Tuesday round kicked off, so they will be forced to start afresh. For the sake of the sellers they should send a comforting email to all bidders and prospective bidders explaining what happened and why the issue(s) is/are solved.

On 8/1/2023 at 9:40 PM, DC# said:

one thing for sure - the head of IT is not having a relaxing night at home 

I'm sure not. I'm already on my 7th adderall and haven't slept in almost  40 hours trying to fix this mess.

.......is what the IT guy or gal would probably say if they were on this forum

Edited by Flanders82

On 8/2/2023 at 6:01 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

This has happened several times in the past and you’d think they would have at least learned how to provide communications updates by now.  Just brutal!

Might not happen if the email is part of the same infrastructure that has failed or needs to communicate with a dead database server that holds the contact information.

Now its not even loading the two images. 

Bet the guy who is in charge of snapshots/backups/archives is becoming religious at this point.

-bc