• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trouble with Comiclink Website?
10 10

266 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2023 at 11:40 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

Yes very bad

Books may down in general, though. On both HA and eBay I've bought books at auction this year for significantly less than what the same copies had sold for in the past. There have also been a couple of times where I've thought, "Man, if I I'd known the book was going to go that cheap, I would have tossed a bid at it." My tiny amount of anecdotal info doesn't mean much, but I'm curious whether others have noticed the same thing.

On 8/3/2023 at 11:42 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

Books may down in general, though. On both HA and eBay I've bought books at auction this year for significantly less than what the same copies had sold for in the past. There have also been a couple of times where I've thought, "Man, if I I'd known the book was going to go that cheap, I would have tossed a bid at it." My tiny amount of anecdotal info doesn't mean much, but I'm curious whether others have noticed the same thing.

I mean yes a lot of books have been trending down since covid highs but generally speaking books are going to go for less when potential bidders are redirected to a random other site when they try to log in… which is what was happening before it went down entirely. Particularly on CL that doesn’t have any sort of anti-sniping measures in place like HA, MCS, CC and others have to extend the auction with last second bids. A lot of people wait until the last possible second to drop a final bid on CL, which doesn’t work when you get sent to another website.

I'm seriously regretting waiting to pay for my wins until the comic auctions were over, but saw a couple more items that were coming up for auction that I thought I might want.  Of course, they were coming up for auction the day or day after all this mess shut the site down.  Hopefully all completed auctions stand, and I still get to pay up.

I hope that there are plenty of people thinking that they will get steals on auctions yet to end that bid fiercely on the items I still have listed over the next few days.............

On 8/3/2023 at 9:50 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

One of my books that finished in the monday auction sold for a ridicoulus amount. I just contacted them to ask if they are also repeating that auction

Not to be nosey, but would you mind sharing if it was a GA, SA, BA, etc. comic?  I've seen some comics go for seemingly ridiculously low bids on HA and other sites, too, so it's not just you.  The ones I recall seeing weren't big issues or anything (like Action #1, Tec #27, etc), but still far below current sales on GPA.

Well they do say all publicity is good publicity! Maybe word has gotten around and more people will come hoping for bargains - but end up pushing prices up?!

I note they're still dodging weekends (so not head to head with Heritage + a zillion Ebay Sunday sales?).

Looks like they did not adjust the start date of the next auction on 8/18 either.     So this auction (excluding Certified Link) ends on 8/17 and then they roll straight into the next.   

I was bidding on the many Golden Age Batmans they had . Bidding was fierce Monday! Most went higher than most recent Heritage prices (I'd done my homework). The two I got I had to pay top dollar for. 

As always though on Comiclink - there are just so many books - loads go way under FMV. Got a couple of golden age book  (obviously no as fashionable as Batman) that went very cheap.

Some big books went cheap a month ago. Like couple of FF5s. A restored FF1 (5.5 I think ) went for 6k. I was second place and was the winner until a bid seemed to happen on the second it closed. So it's not like you need the website to go down to get a bargain / get a poor sale.

Edited by lm1589

On 8/3/2023 at 4:18 PM, Chaz G. said:

The auction I was following went from ending this Friday night to ending next Wednesday night.

Yeah, it looks like they shifted by a few days to account for the downtime.  For example, there're comics on there with an original auction end date of 8/2 from some notes I wrote down.  Now the end date on them is 8/7.  So a push of about 5 days.

On 8/3/2023 at 2:33 PM, Chaz G. said:

Curious to see if the outage will affect bidding on this round of auctions.

Can’t speak for everyone but I have open bids on many items and I’m a bit hesitant to proceed without any explanation being given. Luckily I’m not bidding on anything tomorrow so I guess I can wait and see how that goes.