• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade In ASM 300
2 2

21 posts in this topic

Hi all new to the forum and so happy there’s a resource like this. I think PGM means please grade my. I’m a terrible grader, awful really. Books that I think are 9.8 contenders get 9.4s. Like I think this is a contender but really look forward to hearing the community’s thoughts. Thank you in advance. 

IMG_2403.png

IMG_2404.png

Edited by aandonian
Received the grade and would like to share

If you want anything close to accurate, you need better pictures. Many people who offer grades here, I count myself  as one of them, don't specifically try to parse the difference between 9.4/9.6/9.8 with photos. It's hard enough to tell with an in-hand book

I see a slight bindery tear around the top corner and some light indentions along the spine. Much of this is still at the limit of photo vs, in-hand grading. I can't see this getting at 9.8 even after pressing. It could, but I wouldn't bet money on it. 9.4/9.6. Also, CGC is hard on this book like many high volume books that they can nitpick b/c they see so many examples

Manufacturing errors are usually ignored by CGC. There are some non-color breaking creases along the spine though. It's hard to say if a pressing would bring to 9.8. You would need to look very closely at the book and decide for yourself if you want to have it pressed.

Probably at least a 9.4 but I doubt 9.8. I’ve spent a decent amount of time looking at 9.8 copies of this book and—despite it being a manufacturing issue—I rarely ever see books with the jagged front edge cut get a 9.8. I think it would be possible if everything else was clean.

That said, 9.6 definitely possible but it’s very hard to tell from pictures (and as others have said, it’s kind of a crapshoot). Good luck!

On 8/4/2023 at 11:44 PM, aandonian said:

Thanks again to all. If I grade which I kind of want to just given how fun this is, do I post a reply to this thread? 

Please do update us if you submit.

You can edit the title to "Grade In" when the time comes and then reply with the grade, and better yet, pics.

On 8/23/2023 at 10:27 AM, aandonian said:

Thank you again to all for commenting. The consensus was on point and the book received a 9.6 white. Here are pics from the CGC site. Haven’t received the book in hand yet, just wanted to share as soon as I knew. Look forward to posting more books for you all to consider. Hope everyone is having a great week. 

IMG_2946.jpeg

IMG_2947.jpeg

(thumbsu

On 8/23/2023 at 12:27 PM, aandonian said:

Thank you again to all for commenting. The consensus was on point and the book received a 9.6 white. Here are pics from the CGC site. Haven’t received the book in hand yet, just wanted to share as soon as I knew. Look forward to posting more books for you all to consider. Hope everyone is having a great week. 

IMG_2946.jpeg

IMG_2947.jpeg

Congrats! I like following the "Grade In" posts more than the "PGM" because this gave me instant gratification. :banana:9.6 was my guess and I didn't have to wait 3 weeks. :roflmao: