• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best or longest run that you know from indepandant editor
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Sometimes i frisk on Mycomicshop, and i just discovered yesterday Femforce a serie published by Americomics between 1985 and 2021 for 192 issues!!! 

So that inspire me this topic

On 8/5/2023 at 3:52 PM, AJD said:

How about Cerebus? 300 issues and a handful of other specials.

Wow! I looked it, this is priceless but not impossible for someone who want to complete this run, i think there is probably 2 or 3 people on this forum who have it

Edited by BA773

Love and Rockets

Several main series and mini-series, but basically an interlinked and largely continuous narrative.

Quality art and stories throughout.

Huge fan of Jaime Hernandez’s work.

Not quite as many in total as the previous posts, but undeniable quality.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/5/2023 at 2:12 PM, BA773 said:

Sometimes i frisk on Mycomicshop, and i just discovered yesterday Femforce a serie published by Americomics between 1985 and 2021 for 192 issues!!! 

Cheesecake sold well there.

Viz Comic

Published in the U.K. continuously since 1979.

The most consistently funny humour comic magazine of all time.

According to GCD, now up to 291 issues.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Dunno what the OP means by "Independent Editor"? Does he perhaps mean any company that is nor DC or Marvel? D.C Thompson's Commando must take some beating as far as numbers of comics published as it is currently at number 5670 since the year 1961 (still published, I believe, 8 times per month) with no sign of ending any time soon.

https://www.commandocomics.com/2023/08/01/the-long-way-back/ 

commando.jpg.1c1cb1c21645c800f605bcd55e9a3cb2.jpg

PS: And there have been over 4000 (mostly weekly) Beanos as it is now in its 85th year of publication.

https://magsdirect.co.uk/magazine/beano-29-july-23-85th-year-special-issue/

Edited by themagicrobot

GIJOE ARAH was up to around 300 when it was done. No news if it's returning at Skybound, but I'd reckon odds are good eventually. That's the original Marvel comic, continued at IDW. All done by Larry Hama. 

Edited by Cat

On 8/5/2023 at 5:48 PM, themagicrobot said:

D.C Thompson's Commando must take some beating as far as numbers of comics published as it is currently at number 5670 since the year 1961 (still published, I believe, 8 times per month) with no sign of ending any time soon.

Incredible. I had no idea it was still going.

On 8/5/2023 at 7:12 AM, BA773 said:

That's funny - I just saw this topic and came here to mention FemForce.

On 8/5/2023 at 6:02 PM, Dr Zen said:

I know that it's nowhere near Cerebus or Savage Dragon, but if add them all up, Terry Moore's Strangers In Paradise has ~120 issues

112927.jpg

I bought a 2nd print of that at half price books, I haven't read it yet, but often wondered who was like minded to buy it. Well recently anyway  :)