• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLEN Incredible Hulk #1 Graded 1.8 Signed at FanExpo Chicago
2 2

14 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I got permission to post this from Harshen. It pains me to write this, but we at Reece's Rare Comics had an Incredible Hulk #1 1.8 Verified Signed by Stan Lee (Graded by the company in Dallas) stolen at FanExpo Chicago at some point on Saturday afternoon. I don't know too much about the crime other than I believe it was a group effort (distract by asking about books at the front while someone takes a wall book), and they targeted us while one of our two guys working the booth was out getting lunch. A police report has been filed and insurance has been notified, but I wanted to put it out here to get the word out as much as possible. Please let your local stores know to be on the lookout for someone shopping this book around (very likely cracked out of the slab), especially if you are in the Rosemont/Chicago area. I will attach some pictures of the book below, please note the date in the "U" of Hulk on the front page, as well as the Stan Lee signature on the 1st page of the book. Also the spine is completely split. If anyone has any information please feel free to message me here or email at alex@reececomics.com. As a last aside, I know that it is currently listed on MySlabs, I have already reached out and been informed that it is an old listing from the previous owner that never took it down, I let them know they should take the listing down. Thanks for taking the time to read, and hope everyone has a good week.

Best,

Alex

Reece's Rare Comics

Hulk 1 1.8.jpeg

Hulk 1 1.8 bc.jpeg

Hulk 1 Sig.jpeg

I heard, that really suks Alex. Sadly, like a lot of other things has become an every day reality. Really ruins it for everybody.

I am an occasional small time local seller. I usually only have a table or two. I make sure I always have a helper just to watch for this. I have educated him on the ways of thieves. If he needs a break, I get a friend come in to help out. I always get a wall booth and it is VERY difficult to get to my better books. I stay focused on one customer at a time especially on high priced books. Everyone else has to wait their turn. Those like you, who have very large booths, always need to have no more than one helper take a break at one time.

Again, very sorry, you are nice guys that I have bought from. I really hope this book get’s back to you. You have many eyes out for you. 

Sorry to hear about this. One of the cool things about conventions (it seems to me) is that you get to visit dealers with crazy cool wall books. Such a shame, as this serves to discourage people to put them on display. Here's to hoping the perps are caught in a place with conservative prosecutors.

Right after the original post, I started keeping a lookout on all my online honey holes with no luck but I’m always watching just in case. Good luck with the recovery. Hopefully, it turns up somewhere that a boardie catches it for you (thumbsu

You might want to edit out the label, rules say you're not allowed to post books graded by the competition. So get rid of the label part of the pic and you're fine. 

I hope you get your book back, and that the thieves get prosecuted harshly. 

• Administrator
On 8/18/2023 at 10:56 AM, Cat said:

You might want to edit out the label, rules say you're not allowed to post books graded by the competition. So get rid of the label part of the pic and you're fine. 

I hope you get your book back, and that the thieves get prosecuted harshly. 

Harshen gave him permission to post this, so he doesn't need to crop the label.  We are making an exception due to the theft.

On 8/19/2023 at 2:22 AM, CGC Mike said:

Harshen gave him permission to post this, so he doesn't need to crop the label.  We are making an exception due to the theft.

Ah that's good to see, Mike. Theft affects the whole community, so this is nice to view everyone coming together on it. I just didn't want to see the thread get pulled, that was my concern. Glad there's nothing to worry about. 

Edited by Cat

On 8/18/2023 at 9:39 AM, alexgreece said:

Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts guys. Hopefully it turns up! Just giving this one bump to get some more eyeballs on it through the weekend.

:bump: Really hoping this gets recovered.  :wishluck: :wishluck: